What did you do in the garden today?

Can you bring it inside?
Not a chance. :gig If it can't live outside here it just can't live here. I bring in the fig & the rosemary because I eat them, I gave away everything else that needed special care. I'm too old & my back hurts too much. :old :lau

I do have some lavender seed though, I might start some & see what happens.

some diseases (like IB) can cause thin shells. they usually improve after a while.
She may have had some type of a respiratory infection over a year ago, so it's a possibility (and the reason I won't re-home birds, they may be carriers of something). But there has been nothing since in any of them. She had trouble laying a couple weeks ago when I thought she wouldn't make it, she didn't lay for a week or 2 but she looks fine now, just laying soft shells. :idunno

And, I'm thinking about NOT mulching the cardboard inside the hoop house. I figure I have less of a chance to spread disease to the tomatoes if it's cardboard. Same goes with the squash. Anyone see any issues with this? What might the biggest concern be? Cardboard breaking down more quickly?
Hum...did not realize this could cause problems! Is there anything that doesn't cause problems LOL?
Mine are doing well thus far?
Beans are up . Now to protect them from rabbits . Rain has failed to show . Forecasts are not very accurate lately .
I was just wondering how u were doin!

Got back from errands and it's raining. I was going to weed and then plant beans, but not in this.

I was so excited to see how many flowers were on our sour cherry trees. Well, it doesn't look like very many got pollinated. I saw just a very few that look like they're growing cherries. :( This is one of those times when I hope I'm really wrong.

Hum...did not realize this could cause problems! Is there anything that doesn't cause problems LOL?
Mine are doing well thus far?

I was just wondering how u were doin!
Doing ok . Going fishing this weekend . A test run on traveling . Wife does not think I should travel to MN.in June . So I was going fishing anyway . About 5 hour trip . Doctor says no medical reason not to travel . So she agreed on MN if I do ok this trip .

Doing ok . Going fishing this weekend . A test run on traveling . Wife does not think I should travel to MN.in June . So I was going fishing anyway . About 5 hour trip . Doctor says no medical reason not to travel . So she agreed on MN if I do ok this trip .
Oh fishing! I miss those days! You have fun and enjoy!

Good morning gardeners. Thank you for the article on vine borers @Acre4Me. Did not do much of anything yesterday except for laundry. Went to see new townhouse DD will be moving into in July. Very nice and bright and so much more room than her little apartment. The complex even has a fenced-in dog park and free community garden on site. I planted more kale, carrot and radish seeds this morning. One of the summer squash plants is popping through the dirt. I do have some light weeding to do in the big garden. I planted lavender in both of my herb garden beds 3 years ago and it is still alive. The one plant that my little dog has been lifting his leg near is looking a little peaked, but is still hanging on. This is English lavender. I did had two containers planted by the chicken run and they lasted through two winters then died. Last year I sprung for a huge pot of French Lavender and divided them into two containers. I put them on the covered front porch for the winter then put them out last month in front of the chicken yard. They are looking spectacular and getting ready to bloom. My fig tree usually overwinters in the garage, but I'm going to try to put that on the covered porch next winter along with the lavender and two containers of another perennial (I forgot the name). I see tiny peaches developing on my peach tree. So another spraying is on the list of things to do. Today is weed whacking and cleaning. Always fun. LOL!
I'm jealous....my peach tree dropped all its peaches. :( But considering it's only the 2nd year, I'm not surprised. Also the week I was gone, it was in the 90s almost every day with no watering so yeah....not surprised.

Oh fishing! I miss those days! You have fun and enjoy!
There's a weekend coming up where you can fish in Arkansas without purchasing a license. I told DH I wanted to go trout fishing.... :) DH is an avid fisherman. Like....Jeremy Wade has DH's dream job.... 😂 I like fishing but not enough to pay for a license.

Back
Top Bottom