What did you do in the garden today?

I got about 380 linear feet of potatoes planted! That equals 12 3/4 rows in my garden (I planted them in double rows 20 ins apart to save space and shade out weeds.
Wow...and I thought I went overboard with my 100 ft of single-row spuds. So does the 380 ft mean 190 ft of double rows, or 380 ft of double rows? And what was your spacing between rows?

I found hoofprints in the garden early this morning (fortunately she's still not trying to eat anything...though I'm sure that will change as soon as the plants start producing beans, peas, etc), then when I went back to check my trail cam I found this. The bright lights behind her are my house light, meaning she was traipsing around back there while I was sitting in the living room watching TV, right under my nose...so to speak. The brazen hussy.

Ordered more pole bean seeds . I like things not available locally . Fortex, Kentucky blue , red noodle and seychelles. The last 2 are new for me . All pole beans as it is just too hard to get down anymore . Planted more squash seed . Slowly getting everything planted . The bean seeds are backup plan and next years seed . I like nice long beans . If I have to pick I want them long and up high . :D

Ordered more pole bean seeds . I like things not available locally . Fortex, Kentucky blue , red noodle and seychelles. The last 2 are new for me . All pole beans as it is just too hard to get down anymore . Planted more squash seed . Slowly getting everything planted . The bean seeds are backup plan and next years seed . I like nice long beans . If I have to pick I want them long and up high . :D

The air is wet enough here to wring out. I need to weed some areas, and then I'll plant my bean seeds. The tomato starts are looking good, and I think I'll be planting them this weekend. Tomorrow might be the last day in the 60s. 80s forecast for next week. DH will be grumpy.

The Egyptian Walking Onions have started growing the stem that will make the topsets. If you're interested in some (won't be until late summer/early fall), please PM me with your mailing address. I'll start a list of people to send them to.
My EWO also have what look like flowers coming up! :wee

Try not to judge me on the grass/weeds! It's been raining for 3 days and everything grew like 4 inches in the meantime. I'll get time to weed tomorrow!

Anyway, here's some of the onion damage I was talking about.

Random hole where an onion used to be.
20220526_120508.jpg

Broken stalks snapped at the neck
20220526_120441.jpg

20220526_120621.jpg

Back
Top Bottom