What did you do in the garden today?

I bought some European tomato tree seeds from Ebay, do you think I got hood winked and taken for a ride?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265287568451

The plant looks like a regular tomato plant, bottom right corner.

Oh by the way, I highly recommend growing some water spinach or ung choy for pork stir fry. I keep two garden pots of this plant and never run out. I add it in at the end of the cooking process to keep the green color. This plant keeps growing and loves water,, I use the upper soft stem part of the plant and it grows new shoots.

My pot has only one hole in the middle with a water reservoir pocket around the bottom rim. I soak it daily. I think it can grow in water....I've cloned them before.
Its the bushy plant in the picture.. I got the seeds from eBay. Bugs in my area hasn't disturbed this plant yet.

DSCN0543.JPG

Last edited:
not sure why they call it european. it is new here. I didn't have luck with it. it sprouted (in about 2 weeks) but died when it was about 10''.
My plants are growing like regular tomato plants. If it grows well and produces good tasting tomatoes. I will stage an eight feet high emt pipe tent area for it and plant it in a 40 gallon fabric pot. I will use netting to support it like the picture.

Got all the weeds dug up from in front of the house then did all the trimming. Still need to do a little mowing in the back and some trimming in the chicken yard but do close to being done and it looks good. Everything is sprouting and doing well. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow evening so I hope to get fertilizer down before. Potatoes are looking amazing. I took a picture on Tuesday but they’ve grown since then, will try to remember to take another picture tomorrow. The kale is growing fast too. So excited for actual fresh produce. I let my rooster join the girls and he is doing really well. No evidence of missing feathers and the ladies are pretty much ok with him mingling with them.

They last 2 days I've sold 21 chickens, 17 call ducks, and 8 geese. We culled out about 12 birds yesterday.
Trying to downsize... I have someone coming for 5 chickens tomorrow.
But for gardening we planted something I've wanted for a long time and it came in the mail today. A crabapple tree. :loveCoralburst Crabapple.
https://www.fast-growing-trees.com/products/coralburst-crabapple

I have 2 pecan trees coming in the next couple days too. :love
I don't know if I mentioned but I'm kind of a tree lover (addict). ;)

I keep forgetting to mention that I am more than happy to have ants in my gardens. Apparently they eat aphids. Not a bad thing. Also @CNJ, I would be a little concerned at adding baking soda to your tomato plants. It is pretty high in sodium and may likely have a detrimental effect on your plants. JMHO.
They farm aphids. Your aphid population will multiply, if these are the same ants I had in California.

Back
Top Bottom