What did you do in the garden today?

So fun! My goal is to get some avocado trees to survive here, lol. One day I WILL be successful. We eat so many avocados, lol. I have one that is started in a pot outside, 5 wrapped in paper towels, and 1 in a floaty, lol.

View attachment 3166124
I've been trying with avocados too and haven't been successful with them either!

It's really hot here so my potatoes have pretty much had it. I'm not sure when you planted yours or what your climate is like but typically when the plants die is when I harvest.
@Gammas Bearded Babies - what @CluckNDoodle said... But feel free to share a picture of the plant in question. I thought my potatoes were done for but after top dressing with more compost and lots of water, they are sprouting new leaves from nodes where the former leaves died so I'm guessing they are not yet done.

I picked a gallon and a half of peas (so probably about a pint, once they're processed), finished hoeing, and stepped barefoot onto a chopped-off (read, sharpened) woody weed. Right in the arch of the foot. And of course you can't put a bandaid on the bottom of your foot. Grouch, grumble, gripe, complain, whine.

Guess my dad was right, and I should wear shoes. I can admit that here, because he will never read this.

I bought a raspberry plant from Lowes this year, and boy was that a mistake. It turned yellow. Then brown. Then the bush next to it started turning yellow. I finally gave up and ripped them both out, and I'm really hoping it's not too late to save the rest of my plants. What with how hot it's been, they're pretty vulnerable. I'm kinda peeved. So let that be a warning to the rest of ya'll. Don't buy overly-expensive plants just because they look healthy and pretty in the big box store. Don't do it.

And it finally rained last night. :yesss:

loKoRwzBQi1K8.gif

Stayed up late watching the Umbrella Academy with DD and DH. Remembered I hadn't put the chicks back in the coop. They haven't figured out how to inside yet. Anyway, after I moved them inside, I scanned the pasture with my flashlight like always. Saw eyes staring back. Thought it was a stray cat.... Got closer and... Nope, it's a frigging coon! 🤬 I made DH come outside and set up a live trap between the barn and shop. Also left the dogs outside to act as a deterrent since their fenced yard runs alongside the chicken and duck yards.

Time to go coon hunting before disaster strikes!
hunter_zps6f5cd767.gif

My goal is to get some avocado trees to survive here
I had to get a Bayer insecticide from Home Depot, I forgot the brand name, but its the only one to mix with water and pour around the fruit trees drip line or in a container. The tree absorbs the insecticide and kills what ever eats its leaves. They give the wait time for fruits and vegetables. The bugs in my area always attack my avocado leaves, I got tired of spraying.

I had to get a Bayer insecticide from Home Depot, I forgot the brand name, but its the only one to mix with water and pour around the fruit trees drip line or in a container. The tree absorbs the insecticide and kills what ever eats its leaves. They give the wait time for fruits and vegetables. The bugs in my area always attack my avocado leaves, I got tired of spraying.
I did not know that was a thing. I might have to find that for my poor eggplants.

Back
Top Bottom