What did you do in the garden today?

whats a Japanese Beatle trap? I may need one, lol
A308DDBD-856B-4382-B1B8-AF34F1EE0BD8.jpeg

Any chance you can take the kid out with you when you water? Stroller or pac-n-play?
Sorry about the chips. How thick were the slices? My immediate thoughts are super thin 1-2 on a mandolin and salt them on the trays to pull out more water, but I havent tried them yet.
She's 3 yrs old but I'm pretty sure she is autistic. Hasn't been tested yet because my son is in the military and getting approval for anything off Base is a nightmare. Anyway, she doesn't listen well at all and since the garden is right next to the road I'm hesitant to take her up there...

I will be taking her back to her parents this weekend so hopefully the garden can last a few more days... It's either that or water in the evening.

Oh, and I sliced the chips on a mandolin set on 2. I might try it again on a 1 and season it differently instead of using vinegar

This is my opinion, but dehydrated zucchini doesn't sound good as a chip. I think raw zucchini is nasty, it needs to be cooked with seasoning and oil. Good idea for me if I want to store it long term to use it in cooking when fresh is not available. Soup, stews. Add to meatloaf to sneak in a veg.

Can you feed the chips to the chickens as a treat?

OMG I'm gonna kill DH! He borrowed my PH tester & didn't bring it back. I'm in the middle of canning bbq sauce & I can't test it & he's not answering text messages. (I know he's underground so not getting them) :mad:
Ha, found it. He never borrowed it, it was in my canning cabinet. :lau Lost in the kitchen remodel shuffle.

I've never done zucchini chips, only yellow squash ones & they taste just like lays potato chips. I don't particularly like zucchini. I do them on the thinnest setting on the mandolin, salt them & let them sit in a colander for quite a while (overnight even). Then season them (generally lemon juice, garlic & a bit of cayenne), lay them out on the racks & dry them. They don't take long after they've drained - maybe 5 hours or so. They do shrink up a lot, but everything does when dehydrated.

6.5 pints of bbq sauce canned. It'll be good not to have to whip up a batch every time I need some.

Yeah neighbor, I'm in the same boat... Tomatoes aren't turning here either. I have 2 Sart Roloise that are huge in size but have been green for nearly 2 weeks and not ripening like they should. I'm tempted to pull them and see if they will ripen on the counter.
they won't ripen on the counter unless they have entered the whitening phase, when they go from green green to that white green right before they start to go orange to red

Ha, found it. He never borrowed it, it was in my canning cabinet. :lau Lost in the kitchen remodel shuffle.

I've never done zucchini chips, only yellow squash ones & they taste just like lays potato chips. I don't particularly like zucchini. I do them on the thinnest setting on the mandolin, salt them & let them sit in a colander for quite a while (overnight even). Then season them (generally lemon juice, garlic & a bit of cayenne), lay them out on the racks & dry them. They don't take long after they've drained - maybe 5 hours or so. They do shrink up a lot, but everything does when dehydrated.

6.5 pints of bbq sauce canned. It'll be good not to have to whip up a batch every time I need some.
PHEW. I was going to suggest that if he was underground, and he borrowed it, that he just keep digging, because,....ya....wow. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom