What did you do in the garden today?

Yall help! I tried to give away bout 7 lb cucumbers and unable to...sure wish we all were closer to each other so we could share!
I have to figure out what to do with these cucumbers and about a dozen tomatoes (all different kinds n sizes) before in the morning!
any suggestions?!
and woke up to a puddle from our refrigerator again and we leave tomorrow for a week!!!
Ugh
Sounds like a ice dam . You can cure it by letting it thaw . A pain in the butt to take everything out and into ice chest while it thaws . Ice will often block the tube to the evaporator pan . Mine would put water under the bottom drawers and then onto the floor .

This one is 395nM

395nm has a more visible light vs 365nm so you actually see more colors with 365nm. I like uv reactive rocks. 😆

12-11-21 (7).JPG
12-11-21 (10).JPG
12-11-21 (9).JPG 12-11-21 (8).JPG

Sweet potato flower!! Looks like only 1 variety had buds/blooms, and not many at that.
View attachment 3220489

Anyone know what this caterpillar is? Don’t recall ever seeing one like this. It was on the soybeans - on the plant leaf, not on the ground. I removed the leaf and placed it on the ground to get a pic.

View attachment 3220493

Those are the bottomless pits that eat everything in my yard.

4FF3F7B6-B9FA-4E15-9E4B-F3FC1091C9DE.jpeg

My harvest last night. Apparently, there was a cucumber I didn't know about...
Sugar baby watermelon, yellow straight neck squash, pickling cucumbers, thyme, oregano, basil, red and yellow cherry tomatoes, and some golden sunburst tomatoes. With the cooler temperatures, my big tomatoes are starting to ripen!!!

I also found a baby ananas-reallylongname melon the other day!
E8976737-50C2-4E58-B557-5670233AC35B.jpeg

My pumpkins are getting big, and their color is starting to change. I'm going to need a pressure canner (and lots more jars and lids) just for them!

Ugh... Next week I will be getting PRP injections in my foot and elbow. Then I will be in a boot for 3 weeks and restricted from lifting anything over 5 lbs. Guess I better go dig up the rest of the potatoes before next week...

On another note, has anyone ever eaten golden kiwi? I buy the Zespri brand from the store. They are so sweet and delicious. I really want to see if I can get the seeds to sprout... I did some research a couple of years ago. I know kiwis have male and female plants. I know they need staked similar to grapes... But my knowledge is very limited. My grandfather used to run a small kiwi farm after he retired from Anheuser-Busch back in the late 80s. He died over 20 years ago though and I never really paid attention to the kiwi stuff at that age. 🙄

I plan to dig a hole and build a sort of small bunker storage space (sort of big box) for food. if anyone comes to my house to steal they will not know where I keep food. we need secret compartments.
Yep, you really need to be acting like a squirrel and spread it about, if you can. An underground bunker is great, if well-hidden.

We have a small plot of land... Not huge but enough to sustain our family. If things go seriously off the rails, here are my suggestions -

1. Make alliances with family, friends, and neighbors. Know who you can depend upon for what skills (cooking, sewing, mending or fixing things, medicine, etc), look for ways to barter locally, and make a plan with these people on how you will DEFEND your food & water sources.

2. I personally don't think I or anyone could ever have enough ammo... Not matter how much you've got, the enemy has more. So you have to learn OTHER ways to defend yourself and your property. Learning basic self defense is something you can do whether you are 5 yrs old or 90 yrs old. We used to teach people of all ages, body sizes, etc. The important part is to PRACTICE because these skills will fade if you don't. You can also learn how to make....um, devices...to place around your property for protection if you don't have guns. These can be made from everyday items you would have access to. You just need to understand a bit of chemistry and what SAFETY measures to take to ensure you don't harm yourself or others unintentionally. Whatever you do, DO NOT GOOGLE THIS STUFF or your (perhaps unfriendly) local or federal law enforcement will be at your doorstep. I'd suggest looking in the library first. You'd be surprised what you can find there...
Good advice!

And we need to be defending ourselves, even now, before TSHTF. People need to start being aware of their online presence, and how it's being monitored and used against them. There are many things which can be done to stop giving personal info away... and it's not too difficult!

https://restoreprivacy.com/ is full of Howtos, reviews, guides, etc. Keep yourselves safe!

Back
Top Bottom