What did you do in the garden today?

Going to make a nice salad, have some Okinawa Spinach and Longevity Spinich, and another type that I forget currently. Anyways the okinawa is just growing stupid crazy and Ijust can't keep up with. Ive been cutting branches off and shoving them into pots to give to people but it's just out of control :D

Anyways its good eating, so pick some salad to start tonights meal.

\Aaron

Attachments

• spinach.jpg
    spinach.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 1
We have such a big head start I'm able to wait for sales on what I expect to need for the month of February so I'm really able to stretch my $50 to the max in that respect. Since I don't grow my own grain most of my budget will definitely be for rice, bread, pasta, etc. I have a friend with goats that will swap produce for fresh milk, cheese, and carmel sauce that she makes. I also have a friend with bees that will swap for honey. We will definitely be more limited in our options but I'm actually really looking forward to doing it! 😊
I would love to know how it goes! Good luck.

Well you'll appreciate this story! Yesterday, hubby harvested his halapeno peppers. I broke it all up for the hens, and 24 hours later, 2 of my fingers are STILL burning! It feels as if i touch the hot stove! The burning sensation comes and goes. How strange. What a lesson learned. Hubby said i guess i gotta learn the hard way, as he warned me prior.... also, i was unable to get it off of my fingers and had a burny eyelid later that evening. I want nothing to do with those peppers! I dont think the human body wants that with the way the watery eyes, and runny nose....the whole experience with those peppers scares me 😮‍💨🤤😪😵‍💫

Well you'll appreciate this story! Yesterday, hubby harvested his halapeno peppers. I broke it all up for the hens, and 24 hours later, 2 of my fingers are STILL burning! It feels as if i touch the hot stove! The burning sensation comes and goes. How strange. What a lesson learned. Hubby said i guess i gotta learn the hard way, as he warned me prior.... also, i was unable to get it off of my fingers and had a burny eyelid later that evening. I want nothing to do with those peppers! I dont think the human body wants that with the way the watery eyes, and runny nose....the whole experience with those peppers scares me 😮‍💨🤤😪😵‍💫
Hot water will reactivate it and make it burn again, scrub your hands with mustard, then with dish soap.

Edit: You can also try washing them in milk.

We're participating in a collab where we're only going to eat what we can produce or forage ourselves (or barter something we produced) for the entire month of February 2023 (which for us is a cold month with a lot less growing). We will only have a budget of $50US to spend on groceries other than what we produce ourselves for that whole month. It's going to be quite the challenge! Especially with the prices of groceries going up so much.
That really sounds interesting, you'll have quite the audience here!

I have more zucs and cucumbers to get picked today, might be time to make some zucchini boats!

I feel bad for laughing but I've so been there. I wear gloves when I process hot peppers, lol.

I'm going to make cowboy candy today and while I just hate wearing gloves, I will wear gloves. The heat doesn't bother me but the risk of touching my eyes make me a little more careful.

I'm going to make cowboy candy today and while I just hate wearing gloves, I will wear gloves. The heat doesn't bother me but the risk of touching my eyes make me a little more careful.

Cowboy candy sounds good! I have yet to make it myself and everyone keeps talking about it!

Back
Top Bottom