What did you do in the garden today?

No rain here sadly. DH and I managed to get the kids out this evening. I topped up four of my garden beds with a mixture of composts. Those four will be my fall garden and garlic bed. I'll top them with hay after they've been planted, which I should be able to do soon. Temperatures in the 14 day forecast are dipping into the high 80s. Promising stuff!

Now I'm sore, I've irritated the pinched nerve in my neck, it's time of bed. Goodnight all!

Do you find pollinators like the plumbago? I've been thinking of planting some, but haven't seen bees or such on it at the store so I've held off.
Yep. Though this year I haven't seen many bees... theres usually 30 or so all over each pond bucket and buzzing all over my yard...this year there's nothing. ☹️ Found out the neighbors had a hive on their property removed... afraid of the possibility of killer bees. Can't blame them but think that's where my bees were coming from, if so they lived there for years and years with no problems 😭
Get some bumble bees to pollinate your stuff. From what I have seen over the years, BB's are very unselective, they love EVERYthing, where regular honey bees can be picky.

They sell them for this purpose too, and you don't need to be a beekeeper or do anything special,basically set the nest out and walk away from it, they'll do the rest.

https://www.planetnatural.com/product/bumble-bees-natupol/

Aaron
O I gotta get some!
So I quick ran out and threw down some lettuce seed and worm castings, since my weather app notified me of rain in 15 minutes…still waiting for the rain…🙄
Hope some rain reaches you soon!
So it get shade most of the day? How often do you water? I can’t keep one of those alive if my life depends on it.
It's on the east side of my house with a huge old pine tree to the south of it so pretty good shade in the afternoon. I amended the soil with horse manure before planting and dropped wood chips in the bottom of each hole. They need watered lightly every couple days the first year. They drown easy so better to underwater then over. I water them every one to two weeks during the heat and not at all over winter. But with my light watering, they only bloom in the spring and with monsoons...I gave one to a neighbor and it seems like hers is always in bloom, so maybe I should water more...lol.

No rain here sadly. DH and I managed to get the kids out this evening. I topped up four of my garden beds with a mixture of composts. Those four will be my fall garden and garlic bed. I'll top them with hay after they've been planted, which I should be able to do soon. Temperatures in the 14 day forecast are dipping into the high 80s. Promising stuff!

Now I'm sore, I've irritated the pinched nerve in my neck, it's time of bed. Goodnight all!
Can you use lidocaine buy it from amazon to get nothing but it ...

Yep. Though this year I haven't seen many bees... theres usually 30 or so all over each pond bucket and buzzing all over my yard...this year there's nothing. ☹️ Found out the neighbors had a hive on their property removed... afraid of the possibility of killer bees. Can't blame them but think that's where my bees were coming from, if so they lived there for years and years with no problems 😭

O I gotta get some!

Hope some rain reaches you soon!

It's on the east side of my house with a huge old pine tree to the south of it so pretty good shade in the afternoon. I amended the soil with horse manure before planting and dropped wood chips in the bottom of each hole. They need watered lightly every couple days the first year. They drown easy so better to underwater then over. I water them every one to two weeks during the heat and not at all over winter. But with my light watering, they only bloom in the spring and with monsoons...I gave one to a neighbor and it seems like hers is always in bloom, so maybe I should water more...lol.
Thanks for this info!

.84 inches of glorious wet stuff last night
Foggy and cool this morning. I'll take it.
processing tomatoes this morning
Clifford is in his jar on the coffee table, nibbling away at his leaves.
Must away to the village today for scratch and a run through the thrift shop, as long as I'm there.
Then it's back to the kitchen to make cookies for an luncheon in the city tomorrow.

My loofa plant is vining all over the place and has lots of flowers that the bees love, but not even a hint of a loofa anywhere 🤷‍♀️

I haven't grown luffa in years but I remember it growing all season without fruit and then it suddenly started producing a ton of luffa at the end of the season.

I went on Greenfire Farms website (which I shouldn't do....) Check out this new breed they have.... Just wow! 😍

1660671577768.png

Back
Top Bottom