What did you do in the garden today?

Well that's so weird! I read more about it after you said something and it said it's ground into a meal and pressed into pellets so when you rehydrate your just left with the meal. 🤷‍♀️ I'm stumped on this one but it worked as a fantastic amendment for us with no seed issues and it was suggested by other gardeners that have been using it for years. This was my first year using it though.
I know. All I can figure is it was poorly processed.
I use it in the garden as well. I dump a bag in the barrow and rehydrate and mix it in the soil.
That said, I have only pulled one new alfalfa plant this year from the garden this year from the growing rows where I use it.
I know the stuff in the field is from the bags I spread as the patch is in the exact corded off space that I spread the bags, AND my natural alfalfa is indigo and this stuff is yellow.
========
Will manage a garden walk this morning.
VERY wet and dewy out there.
I will mow as soon as the dew burns off, for the first time in just over a month. (only good side of no rain - not dumping 40$ a week on mowing petrol)

OH, I used the harvest right lids the other day on puree. one of four didn't seal, but then I couldn't remember if I wiped that one jar with vinegar. I need to juggle the jars around the counter to get to all of them to wipe, and I don't remember doing that. Hmmm. so probably my fault.

I'm so glad you pointed that out, lol. I wouldn't have thought of it! I'll have to do some research & make sure I get one that self pollinates - I don't have room for 2.

& I ordered the sweet success hybrid seeds. 😬
I know 3 self pollinators there are probably more . Ayers , Seckle and Kiefer . Oh and Stark Bros . Honey sweet or Sugar sweet . One of those will self and the other will not . Forget which one . I have the one that will not . I have Ayers and it is dependable producer .

All nest boxes occupied this morning, including the space behind the bag of straw on top of the nest boxes.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 9.25.04 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom