What did you do in the garden today?

@CluckNDoodle the pears look great! My MIL wants to get me something in memory of my Dad - I want a peach or a pear tree I think.

& yea, what are you doing with them? :drool

That's such a beautiful way to remember someone! I think of my grandmother every time we're picking citrus in the garden! 🥰

Yep, we planted bare root strawberries in a small stacking tower and got an abundance of strawberries off of them even though I really neglected them, lol.

I say neglected, I put tiny organza bags on each strawberry as it started to ripen so that we actually got to eat them instead of the squirrels but I neglected them in the sense that I didn't even give them potting soil, I tossed our crummy sandy soil in there, watered occasionally and never even fertilized. 😅 It's pretty impressive that they even survived in my opinion. lol

I say neglected, I put tiny organza bags on each strawberry as it started to ripen so that we actually got to eat them instead of the squirrels but I neglected them in the sense that I didn't even give them potting soil, I tossed our crummy sandy soil in there, watered occasionally and never even fertilized. 😅 It's pretty impressive that they even survived in my opinion. lol
Awesome thanks, so what you are telling me is that I don't need to be as over-mothering as I have been! lol

awesome thanks, I am going to try it this year I think. any advice on when to plant them? now or Sept? our first frost will be early Oct
I did bare roots 2 years ago. They are june bearing, I planted them in spring & pulled all the flowers the first year. The 2nd year I got more strawberries than I knew what to do with.

I recycled some pallets into fence for my herb garden, and I've got two avocado stones growing into plants that I am going to transplant outside once they get established.

20220817_141234.jpg
avocado.jpg

Back
Top Bottom