What did you do in the garden today?

I transplanted 5 baby pineapple plants into bigger pots because they outgrew their original starter pots. I also saw that I had 2 more suckers coming off the original top. I tried to pull one off to transplant it and it came off with about 2-3" of roots so I am thinking it was a pup rather than a sucker. I put it in an 8" pot to give it plenty of room to grow. Hoping those roots recover from being pulled out of the ground... I really didn't expect it to have roots! 😳

Welcome to the thread! I spend more time in here than anywhere else on BYC... 😂
Me too!

First year doing sweet potatoes in zone 4b- never flowered but I got some!

Attachments

• 20220925_165337.jpg
    20220925_165337.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 0
Will you be starting a new thread on that or do so here? I think that sounds fascinating!
I haven't decided yet. It will be Wednesday or Thursday before I can get started though... Has anyone on here ever done this before? I purchased a home distiller...mostly for making distilled water...although my DH likes to make alcohol from time to time. Anyway I thought about learning to make the oils with it... Although I believe basil is an infused oil rather than distilled.

I tried to catch up, just too far behind.

I will need to catch up on all the posts in the morning. @Sally PB - got my package today! You are awesome! Thank you so much!

I went to a Whiskey Myers concert tonight. First concert I've attended in I don't remember how long... Had a great time.

View attachment 3269963

So jealous, I love Whiskey Myers!

Working on cleaning up the garden, pulled hoses (yay, no more watering). I need to decide where to put the garlic, it's almost that time. Been pulling any tomatoes that turn pink, it won't be long till we have a freeze & they probably aren't growing anymore anyway, just waiting for a little pink! I still have squash producing, peppers & beans too. Not sure when to pull the spaghetti squash.

Got the anti-dig apron done so the girls can have the little covered run for the winter. :yesss: Got the woodchip pile cleaned up & the last of the compost moved.

Canned 11 jars of cowboy candy. All sealed but 1, I like the new non-name brand but usa made lids I got in the middle of covid. I'll take the blame for the 1 that didn't seal.

I started growing yacon last year. It's a tuber that grows like a potato and (allegedly) tastes like a cross between an apple and a pear. I tried some last fall. The taste was sweet but the texture is more like a water chestnut. I really dislike the texture of water chestnuts... I am growing the yacon again (it's a perennial rhizome) and I'm not giving up on it but I'm definitely going to have to come to terms with the texture. Maybe I can cook it like an apple... Not sure yet.
I might have to try growing that just for the pleasure of saying the name. Wonder if yacon makes a good bacon seasoning? 😁
Me too!

First year doing sweet potatoes in zone 4b- never flowered but I got some!
Beautiful sweet potatoes!
I'm going to attempt to learn the art of making my own essential oils this week. 🤞

I think I'm going to start with lemongrass and basil.
Never tried that but think it sounds fascinating too! I look forward to following along!

Back
Top Bottom