What did you do in the garden today?

This is probably going to sound insane but I toss my starter every spring. No matter what jar or cover or crock I use the fruit flies find a way in every spring/summer. As soon as it hit below 50 (last week) I began the starter process. This will be my first bake with this starter except the cast off gnocchi I made with it last night. We will see how it goes...kind young starter but it floats so it gets used lol. I've worked some gluten free after being misdiagnosed with celiac as well! Misdiagnosis is super annoying and expensive
Expensive and exhausting. The first thing wanted after learning she wasn’t celiac we went and celebrated at McDonald’s. It isn’t just bread you have to avoid but anything that could have any by products of wheat. Including beer and an abundance of ready made sauces. Even Kellog’s Corn Flakes have gluten in them.

Expensive and exhausting. The first thing wanted after learning she wasn’t celiac we went and celebrated at McDonald’s. It isn’t just bread you have to avoid but anything that could have any by products of wheat. Including beer and an abundance of ready made sauces. Even Kellog’s Corn Flakes have gluten in them.
Sneaky SOY sauce

Fruit flies, don't get me started. I fumigate the house every few months because they get to the point they pissed me off so bad I say die ALL of you. bringing in fresh fruits etc, yep there they are, then they get in the drains and everything else and want to multiply.

If you have beer, cheese, anything fermenty, including cheese starters, .. yep, there they are and they WILL get in the tiniest spot you give them. The best way to rid them is to break the cycle, you have to bait and poison all your drains among other things. Granted you could just pour chemicals down and fume them out with bleach or Sulfamic but that does not take care of the ones in the garbage can, under the stove, by the door where you kicked that moist dirt clod from outside, bla bla.

THOSE rotten $### can be an entire topic all by themselves :(
Aaron

I planted my EWO today... :love

20220930_144014.jpg

That Celiac thing, I have a feeling they diagnose it because it's convenient, .WAY more times than the people actually DO have the genuine disease.

You are a Celiac, You can't have gluten,
STOP EATING THAT,
take these pills
and your problems will go away.

A lot less drama and blowback than the truth.

You are a fat slob, you eat 40 pizza poppers a night, smothered in ranch dressing
STOP EATING THAT,
take BETTER CARE OF YOURSELF...
and your problems will go away.

Pills are a steady income stream too, BIG plus for big pharma.
Either way, getting you to eat better is the REAL solution.

Much like the whole Atkins thing and Carbs are the enemy. The ROOT CAUSE, is not just carbs, but CALORIES. Having you count / cut carbs though, is cutting calories in a roundabout way. We pick a specific villain, and in the end it actually cures the REAL problem. it is getting you to cut calories. With Celiac we'll blame gluten, instead of carbs for your ailments but end result, hopefully you eat better.

Eating healthy is good, but people need to do so because they WANT to, not because you tricked them into it somehow. Educate them, if they don't want to take care of themselves, well, that's on them. Lying to someone to get them to eat better, ok, one could try to argue that the ends justify the means, but in the end, you still are LYING.

Aaron

Eating healthy is good, but people need to do so because they WANT to, not because you tricked them into it somehow. Educate them, if they don't want to take care of themselves, well, that's on them.
So true. And true of any major self improvement: losing weight, stopping smoking or drinking, etc.

Sometimes, if you get someone to start the change, the difference will open their eyes and they'll stay with it. But in the end, Gotta Wanna, or it won't stick.

Back
Top Bottom