What did you do in the garden today?

I’ve got that problem. Possible 1st frost coming next weekend ( 39 other morning but luffas aren’t at the dry stage I usually pick them. But some are monsters! Can they be hung to dry inside instead. Do you know?
I went a head and brought 6 of the loofahs inside. That way if the temperature drops unexpectedly I won’t loose all the loofahs View attachment 3278020I included the 2-liter bottle as a size reference. It is rightup next to the 1st loofah.View attachment 3278021

DB1FD8A2-8AF7-4D0D-8417-3CBE63937C39.jpeg
1985E39C-72AA-4A27-A439-08CB6B265DA7.jpeg

My luffa trellis got a bit carried away this year and grabbed the cedar tree. Now I have cedar luffas also I guess. :D

Picked a lot of kale this morning. Also a nice big bunch of chard. There were baby eggplants and bell peppers on the plants so I picked them as well. I think they will work nicely in a vegetable masala dish. I still have the baby acorn squash so I could add that as well. The kale is all stripped off the stems and triple washed. I stuffed 2 gallon sized baggies full of that. I didn’t touch the turnips. I had a lot to do today. I’m making tandoori chicken for Sunday dinner. I was hoping to cook it on the charcoal grill but it’s a little nippy and breezy today. It’s been in the high 40’s and just recently made it up to 52F. The chickens are still laying a little. They’re averaging 2 eggs a day except they surprise me occasionally and will gift me with 5 in one day. Not bad when they are all in some state of molting. I use my pellet stove ashes mainly on my peach tree because it’s in slightly acidic soil. I use it sparingly in other places. I will be using some where I plan to try growing squash again and around my apple trees. Perhaps that will give soil a little boost.

Last edited:
Picked a lot of kale this morning. Also a nice big bunch of chard. There were baby eggplants and bell peppers on the plants so I picked them as well. I think they will work nicely in a vegetable masala dish. I still have the baby acorn squash so I could add that as well. The kale is all stripped off the stems and triple washed. I stuffed 2 gallon sized baggies full of that. I didn’t touch the turnips. I had a lot to do today. I’m making tandoori chicken for Sunday dinner. I was hoping to cook it on the charcoal grill but it’s a little nippy and breezy today. It’s been in the high 40’s and just recently made it up to 52F. The chickens are still laying a little. They’re averaging 2 eggs a day except they surprise me occasionally and will gift me with 5 in one day. Not bad when they are all in some d as state of molting. I use my pellet stove ashes mainly on my peach tree because it’s in slightly acidic soil. I use it sparingly in other places. I will be using some where I plan to try growing squash again and around my apple trees. Perhaps that will give soil a little boost.
Yum, I love to put kale and apple in my juicer it makes a good smoothie with some other fruits! My chickens average about 6 eggs a day which is crazy good for me! They are fairly young though only 6-5 of my hens are laying though :goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom