What did you do in the garden today?

I'm also thinking about building a greenhouse for winter... opinions???
Dh built me a green house. I grow spinach, kale, and other greens over the winter. They grow very, veeeerrrry sloooowly. It does get cold enough to freeze in there. I save the plastic boxes that store bought spinach comes in to put over the little plants, and they survive.

So far, I've just gotten a few snippets of greens. If it were heated, I'd be able to grow more/bigger greens, I think.

I start my veggie seeds in there too. Same thing with the plastic boxes to help hold in heat on chilly nights. Seeds like tomatoes and peppers need warm soil to germinate, so I cover the pots with plastic wrap until they sprout.

I bought 4 pepper starts this last spring, because mine were puny. All the rest of my plants I started from seed. Sure makes a difference in the cost! Veggie plants, $3.95 each?!? in April/May? :eek: I started 65 tomato plants. I saved a ton!

Cheaper by late May, which is when I bought 2 habaneros and 2 jalapenos.

Did some mowing and removed supers of honey from the bees . 4 total one from each hive . Need to dig the one coleus that is in ground . Beautiful weather here .
R u digging coleus up to save it from winter?
If so do you bring it in house?
I have some that I would LUV to save but can't bring in house cuz of cats

Woah! That is one big Cedar tree, does anyone know what a Luffa Trellis is? Is it edible? Thank you for the photo it is astonishing what nature can do!!:eek:
The luffa plant grows best on a trellis ( or makeshift arbor)
The vegetable can be eaten like squash when it’s small but the reason it’s loved is because when the get larger ( and they can get huge ) you have homegrown luffa
sponges
I do love my cedar trees. That one is still huge even after damage to it during a snowstorm.

Decided to pick my big pumpkin and put it on the porch. The big one on top I grew.
20221002_134428.jpg

Back
Top Bottom