What did you do in the garden today?

Wow! It's so crazy that there is frost coming already!
Actually it's right on time. 90 days after the cicadas start singing which was July 7th here, so 90 days puts us at Thursday the 6th, so frost Friday night is right on time. Ya ya, i know goofy, but before the commonality of calendars out here, hearing that bug sing, you knew to start counting and you'd be close. In the years I've been paying attention in the midbelt of the country, it's only been off by 5 days or less.

I hit the bucket place and got eight more 5 gallon buckets with lids. Some are going to be worm hotels. Some might be used to store food, as they are food grade plastic. Bags of rice, dry beans, flour, pasta, etc. Air tight seal, and safe from mice.
Good job where is bucket place? I love those 5 gallon buckets! Love having extras on hand and I've seen to have used anything that has hdpe on bottom.

Heck yes it does! What oil do you use. I scored a bunch of lard.
I use shredded Zote soap, which is made with animal fats. I add 1 cup borax and one cup of washing soda per giant bar shredded, mix it up and let it dry out and then crumble it into dust. 1 heaping tablespoon per load. I make it 8 bars at a go lasts a LONG time OC I share it with DS too.
I love the way it helps get the goop store bought soaps don't get out, armpit stains, dull whites on well water, stains. I use the pre-soak setting on the machine as well.
I don't add any scents, the soap smells good enough on its own and honestly, we don't need it. Clean is clean.
I used to make the liquid version but it's more work LOL.

Back
Top Bottom