What did you do in the garden today?

I'm the one who said they'd be damaged by frost. I don't know from personal experience, just from reading about growing/harvesting luffas online. I remember reading someone went home from a party when she heard it was going to frost that night. She "had to get her luffas in!"
👍
Well I brought about half of them inside and left about half outside. So I guess I’ll be able to see if it makes a difference.

Good morning gardeners! Sheesh I’m a hundred pages behind! You guys have been busy!

I haven’t done anything outside in ages. I did notice that the Mexican bird of paradise I left has grown considerably and I’ve managed to keep everything left out there alive at this point. We had a haboob the other day that left a crust of dust on everything and blew a bunch of shingles off my neighbors roof into my yard. The kids and I will have to get out there one morning to clean things up. Also, why is it that chickens sneak off and go broody whenever we’re already busy with a billion other things and aren’t ready for chicks?

Anyway, I need to get some watering done before work, have a great day all!

I'm reading that Long Island Cheese Pumpkins are also good for long term storage. That could mean months of supplying them to livestock through the winter and right into the next garden production season. Sounds like a great thing to grow a ton of when I have more space. I added them to my seed wishlist, lol.

We are all sick with a head cold, dang annoying nonsense. Just had covid in July, now a head cold two months later?! Children really are walking petri dishes. Despite that, I got out yesterday a bit and let the chickens wander.

At one point the rooster thought it would be a good idea, as he was being shooed off a garden bed, to hop up and turn to fight me. Yeah that didn't work so well. He hopped up, thought he'd land back on the edge of the garden bed, but missed it entirely and crashed in the walkway instead. His pride was soooo afflicted :lau He almost rolled completely over, he judged it so poorly.

I need to harvest okra and a salad worth of greens today. I *really* need to go pull grass, but I don't feel up to it. It'll have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom