What did you do in the garden today?

I got my buckets from a donut/ice cream shop. They get the donut fillings in the buckets, so the buckets and lids are food grade.

How did go about asking? Well, I already knew from my neighbor that this place sold the buckets for $1.50 each. I bought some ice cream and just asked. I'd never been in that store before, so they didn't know who I was.

I thought $1.50 each for a 5 gallon bucket was pretty reasonable, and I like to support mom-and-pop businesses.
Yes!! That’s a good idea! And a good deal for a bucket.

I grew Heatmaster last year. My husband thought they had the best flavor. They were very tasty.
Yesterday the sun was scorching and the top of my tomato plants were droopy and some of the flowers fell off. I hope the Heat Master will thrive and set fruit like they say.

To me tomato taste like tomato, but I notice that I prefer tang rather then bland. I just started on my tomato tasting journey. I have been putting a dash of salt and pepper, fresh oregano leaves, shredded mozzarella cheese and olive oil on my slices. I don't have any basil growing at the moment, but I will start some today.

Last edited:
I found these cool baskets at Walmart and made an air pruning wicking tub. It holds about a gallon of water. The basket was about $5.50 and the tray in the middle was about $1 and I used old weed fabric. I stapled the weed fabric to the top with regular paper staples.

I use micro fiber cloth in all my wicking tubs, so the potting mix gets its moisture from the micro fiber cloth. I fill the sides of the perforated tray with coarse lava rock, so the potting mix isn't sitting in water.

I tried regular wool type hand towels before, but they decompose and disappear. My micro fiber cloth are going on two years, so they hold up well and doesn't break down like regular hand towels.

DSCN0041.JPG

Last edited:
Once again, I am reminded now lucky I am to have my health, including healthy teeth.

Thanks, mom, for making me brush my teeth and taking me to the dentist regularly when I was a kid.

Thanks, dad, for the insurance that paid for my braces.

Thanks, both of you for the genes for healthy teeth. Not everyone in the family grabbed that brass ring.
I saw my mom lose her teeth and end up with dentures at a relatively young age (40) and it scared the bejesus out of me so I was always OCD about mouth hygiene.... 😳

Back
Top Bottom