What did you do in the garden today?

Yes and yes. The greens can be cooked and sautéed or eaten raw. My husband adds them to sandwiches instead of lettuce. There are very mild to very spicy varieties. Last year we grew 5 varieties. We have never let them go to seed for mustard though. The greens do not taste like mustard though (the yellow condiment)
Interesting, I may have to look into it. I do like spicy too!

So mustard...is that like a green you eat? Or do you grow it for seeds to make mustard? I have no clue, I don't like mustard but I'm curious.

Found the bunny den, no more bunnies thankfully, DH cleaned it out. & we covered the strawberries. A couple look ready to pick even! :yesss:

Putting down seed & straw on the part of the lawn he graded. Trying to find enough hose to get it watered! If I ever build a house it will have water spigots & electrical outlets on front & back. *grumblegrumble*
I eat the greens, I don’t like mustard paste.

So I have a new review: seed savers exchange’s Lemon Drop:
It wasn’t yellow, and it was round, hence I figured they must have made a mistake and sent us different tomatoes… they’re pinkish brown medium sized tomatoes with thin skins, pretty nice flavour, and a good texture. Some of the fruits do crack, so you have to eat them right away.
The plants are normal sized, and easy to manage. DD92D00E-12EE-4164-A88B-CE9BBC2F28A2.jpeg
I should have taken a picture of the tomatoes instead… lol

I think for most people, once you buy into a tool system you are pretty much invested in their battery platform. I went with Ryobi 15+ years ago because they had the largest selection of tools that worked with their batteries and they made a promise to keep the same battery platform forever. So far, I think that have used the same stem battery design for about 25 years. Lots of other tool companies seem to change out their battery designs every few years forcing you to buy new tools and new batteries. I can still use my original Ryobi tools from 15+ years ago with any 18 volt Ryobi battery sold on the shelf today.
I try to never buy battery-operated power tools. Cords have been pretty consistent for over a hundred years. It means a long extension cord sometimes, but they make up for it in power and longevity.

I try to never buy battery-operated power tools. Cords have been pretty consistent for over a hundred years. It means a long extension cord sometimes, but they make up for it in power and longevity.
Me too! I don't have a single battery powered tool, unless you count my flashlights. I have a couple hundred feet of extension cords. And 120vac tools just seem to have a lot more oomph! in my opinion.

I was not able to get into the garden at all today, except for a quick walkabout to check everything. The birds were busy in my raspberry patch and didn't leave me many ripe ones today.

The chickies have decided they like the roosts better than the muddy ground. I think I got about 2 inches in the last two days.

Still nothing in the trap, but I'm seeing small digging spots all around the blueberries.

Not garden related, but the reason I didn't get out is also why I am really happy and grateful, I received more orders for my business than I have ever had all at once. Just addressed 10 to Norway. You never know. 😊

Back
Top Bottom