What did you do in the garden today?

I am quite a few pages behind. No chance to catch up. Trying to get my mom's affairs handled. Funeral is tomorrow. We've been driving back and forth every day. It's a 2 hr drive one way. Leaving early morning and getting back after midnight. I am exhausted.

Thank God for the irrigation system or my garden would be dead. We've had no rain in 2-3 weeks. I need to weed really badly and do basic maintenance. Need shade cover over the tomatoes and no time to do it. Squash bugs are raiding my squash. No time to deal with it. Berries need picked. No time to deal with it. Anyway, you get the idea.

I haven't cleaned my coops in over a month. Hoping my chickens and ducks don't get sick from dirty coops. When this is all over, I will need to worm everyone really good and check them for mites as a precaution.

You just angered it. you'll have to dig and poison/salt kill it and rebury it.
Probably why it threw me down the hill... 🤔 I took my saw out and cut it down at the base, then saw the rest of the pokeweed army it's building. Then I laid down some clear plastic. Gonna bake it for the rest of the summer, then burn the corpse.

If it comes back next year, I'll have to grab some glyphosphate, but it's close enough the roses that I'm concerned about collateral damage

All my litchi fruits fell off due to the heat. There was a 37 degrees Celsius day about a week ago, today started at 35 and climbed up to 40! The electricity company said consumption was too high and just shut off the electricity. I have eggs in the incubator, hopefully they’ll be fine. I COULD just take them outside… the temperature now is about 30 degrees Celsius outside, so not warm enough, when temperature was at the peak I placed them outside, but my brother said they will burn…

I am quite a few pages behind. No chance to catch up. Trying to get my mom's affairs handled. Funeral is tomorrow. We've been driving back and forth every day. It's a 2 hr drive one way. Leaving early morning and getting back after midnight. I am exhausted.

Thank God for the irrigation system or my garden would be dead. We've had no rain in 2-3 weeks. I need to weed really badly and do basic maintenance. Need shade cover over the tomatoes and no time to do it. Squash bugs are raiding my squash. No time to deal with it. Berries need picked. No time to deal with it. Anyway, you get the idea.

I haven't cleaned my coops in over a month. Hoping my chickens and ducks don't get sick from dirty coops. When this is all over, I will need to worm everyone really good and check them for mites as a precaution.
No neighbors to help?

If I were local I would.

Probably why it threw me down the hill... 🤔 I took my saw out and cut it down at the base, then saw the rest of the pokeweed army it's building. Then I laid down some clear plastic. Gonna bake it for the rest of the summer, then burn the corpse.

If it comes back next year, I'll have to grab some glyphosphate, but it's close enough the roses that I'm concerned about collateral damage
Got some old carpet? Lay it on top for 6-12 months, and everything underneath should be dead.

Polkweed can only be killed by turning it into polk salad and singing the Tony Joe White song. . .

Polk salad Annie
The gators got your granny, chomp, chomp, chomp
Everybody says it was a shame
'Cause her momma was a workin' on the chain gang
(A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman, heh-heh)
(Lord, have mercy, pick a mess of it)

[Harmonica Solo]
Uh!

Polkweed can only be killed by turning it into polk salad and singing the Tony Joe White song. . .

Polk salad Annie
The gators got your granny, chomp, chomp, chomp
Everybody says it was a shame
'Cause her momma was a workin' on the chain gang
(A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman, heh-heh)
(Lord, have mercy, pick a mess of it)

[Harmonica Solo]
Uh!
My singing is bad enough it might just die to get away from me. I'll try it!

Back
Top Bottom