What did you do in the garden today?

How can installing a simple hook and eye latch be so complicated?
I honestly never thought this would be a challenge in any way. šŸ˜‚

View attachment 3528847
Rotate the eye on the right clockwise a bit. You are so close. Also you can rotate the eye on the left counterclockwise a bit if needed. It should go in.

Haven't checked in here In quite a while. Job and life got busy. Then the weather all spring didn't help. Rain ontop of rain. Then dry dry dry fricken dry.
Have only just got my broccolis and cabbage in yesterday. Haven't finished weeding or prepping the beds for the tomatoes and peppers. And haven't even considered squash yet. Potato patch is tilled but not yet planted.
I did however just manage to put in an Asparagus patch. :woot
Been meaning to do that for Years now.
30 plants in 2 20ft rows. Miscounted a little bit so there's 20 in one and 10 in the other. Oops.
20230604_142737.jpg
20230604_165004.jpg

I've been trying to figure out how to put in my next bush bean crop without planting where they were last year.

Then I thought about the planters that were lying fallow, that were full of fire ant nests.

I dumped the dirt onto a tarp and let it sit for a week. When I checked today the dirt was ant-free, yippee!! I filled my little cart with fully-rotted compost, then added it and last year's dirt back into the planters.
IMG_20230604_150922639_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230604_155843330~2.jpg

And planted bush beans:
IMG_20230604_160852609_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230604_161924963_HDR~2.jpg

The assorted"fencing" on top is to keep critters (feral cats, squirrels, etc) from digging.

My sweet potato slips should have arrived last Thursday. They didn't. UPS said there was an "exception," that my address was wrong. It wasn't.

Friday, The UPS truck was in view so, I met it at the end of my driveway. Driver looked, but couldn't find my package. "It was supposed to be here yesterday. It's live plants." "So sorry, lady, I don't have it." (Said with a poop eating grin.) I was home the entire day.

Another email said there was another "exception:" "Delivery attempted at 5:40 Friday pm." Oh, no, there most certainly was not. I'm at the end of a dead end road. Nobody came to my house after the drive who said, "So sorry, lady, I don't have it." (With poop eating grin.) I'm wondering (betting actually) that he found the package and reported that he "attempted delivery."

Next and last (3rd, according to UPS) try will be "next business day," ie, Monday, tomorrow. My plants will have been on a (hot) truck for 5 days.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO mad at UPS. If I get a bunch of dead sweet potato slips, this is entirely on them. If they are returned to sender, I will be emailing the place I bought them from (who is not the supplier, but she should still know what is going on) and tell her what happened.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

Back
Top Bottom