What did you do in the garden today?

I love that idea.

I have some milky-yellow day lilies planted elsewhere in the yard. When I do a little thinning of this long bed I may place a couple of the milky lilies here or there, to add another shade of yellow to complement the others.

Here's a picture from last year, they're not blooming yet.
View attachment 3536721
FRESH BUTTER!

Still getting rain showers today. We’re up to close 3/4 of an inch of rain since yesterday. I have the last garden space cleaned and nearly ready for planting. There’s a flattened tree in the middle that I’ll be cutting out tomorrow and adding another 2 cubic feet of garden soil to fill in the little depression. But corn is getting planted tomorrow. DD is coming over in the morning to get that done then I can ease up on the hard labor. I weeded the 2 tomato beds in the big garden this morning. Then fertilized the nightshades and lima beans in the high garden. No pea pods yet but my first planting is bursting with flowers. The fingerling potatoes are begging for more dirt and straw. Yeah, right after I mow the backyard. Lol! Not quite mid June and the gardens are looking good. The peas are over 3 feet tall now. Btw: @Sueby, I hope your DH is okay.
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_5539.jpeg
IMG_5538.jpeg

IMG_5537.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5495.jpeg
    IMG_5495.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5537.jpeg
    IMG_5537.jpeg
    968.5 KB · Views: 1
Still getting rain showers today. We’re up to close 3/4 of an inch of rain since yesterday. I have the last garden space cleaned and nearly ready for planting. There’s a flattened tree in the middle that I’ll be cutting out tomorrow and adding another 2 cubic feet of garden soil to fill in the little depression. But corn is getting planted tomorrow. DD is coming over in the morning to get that done then I can ease up on the hard labor. I weeded the 2 tomato beds in the big garden this morning. Then fertilized the nightshades and lima beans in the high garden. No pea pods yet but my first planting is bursting with flowers. The fingerling potatoes are begging for more dirt and straw. Yeah, right after I mow the backyard. Lol! Not quite mid June and the gardens are looking good. The peas are over 3 feet tall now. Btw: @Sueby, I hope your DH is okay.
View attachment 3536808View attachment 3536810View attachment 3536811
View attachment 3536812
I love your lattice fences.

No gardening here this year, as we're packing up to move soon. However, I noticed our seedling pecan tree in the front yard has flowers this year! First time! So happy. We're trading houses with our son and his family (he needs a bigger house, we need a smaller one with no stairs, so win-win), so I'll still get to see the first nuts :yesss:

1686434071174.png

how did they get your phone number? do they have time to call every single person who purchased seeds? wouldn't they make a public announcement? I would call them to check if they made that call indeed.

there are too many dirty games in trading business.
I received email from Fruition seeds informing me that my seed lot number was infected with the TOBRFV virus and gave links on the subject.

The US Agriculture department was following up on the infected seeds and wanted to make sure I got the message to dispose of the seeds, plant and soil.

Back
Top Bottom