What did you do in the garden today?

I picked flowers from yard and taking to friend who is dying. :(
This is the best my flowers have looked in, ever!
The silly chickens wouldn’t go in coop last night- then they peeped loudly for over an hour- now I had to coax out with mustard greens! I guess not acclimated yet.
Picked the eggplants! The skinny one is what I thought they should look like! Maybe too much chicken poo!

Attachments

• IMG_7722.jpeg
    IMG_7722.jpeg
    622.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7718.jpeg
    IMG_7718.jpeg
    657 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7717.jpeg
    IMG_7717.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7716.jpeg
    IMG_7716.jpeg
    725.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7715.jpeg
    IMG_7715.jpeg
    996.3 KB · Views: 2
The silly chickens wouldn’t go in coop last night- then they peeped loudly for over an hour- now I had to coax out with mustard greens! I guess not acclimated yet.
Picked the eggplants! The skinny one is what I thought they should look like! Maybe too much chicken poo!
I was going to ask for id ing this - hoping mullein

Attachments

• IMG_7716.jpeg
    IMG_7716.jpeg
    725.4 KB · Views: 1
I'm sorry about your friend. The flowers are beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love them.

Look at all the eggplant! They look great!

Sorry I can not I'd your plant but I'll bet someone here can.

Is it dock? I have it everywhere. Lol! Good morning gardeners. I started clearing the squash to be patch in the high garden with the green beans. It shouldn’t take too long, however early morning is the easiest time of day to work up there. The bush beans there are slowly breaking soil now. Time for my breakfast now and a rest. Mowing after breakfast.

Something (insect culprit) is decimating certain plants in my gardens. Zinnias, peas, peppers, sunflowers. I've started spraying (daily) with insecticidal soap. It's not doing enough to stop them. I've even re-sown peas, spraying them from the moment they sprout. Not helping.

I've noticed heavier-than-usual insect population this year, in general. Perhaps because we had a very mild winter. It's very frustrating to watch plants, that I started from seed and babied from the start, disappear before my eyes.

Something (insect culprit) is decimating certain plants in my gardens. Zinnias, peas, peppers, sunflowers. I've started spraying (daily) with insecticidal soap. It's not doing enough to stop them. I've even re-sown peas, spraying them from the moment they sprout. Not helping.

I've noticed heavier-than-usual insect population this year, in general. Perhaps because we had a very mild winter. It's very frustrating to watch plants, that I started from seed and babied from the start, disappear before my eyes.
In my experience, neem oil works better than soap. If it still doesn't work, I will start Pyrethrin. It's still natural and biodegradable, but you need to spray it after sunset to avoid hurting bees.

I alternate soap w Neem oil. Also use DE - use that in coop and where the outside cats sleep too.

I've had a problem with earwigs this year. They come out at night to do their damage. My area I use to harden off starts was infested. I saw online to make earwig traps with fish oil from canned fish. I do not use any fish packed in oil so bought a can of mackerel. (cheapest). Put the oil in a shallow dish and sat it out with the plants. Didn't get them all but caught a bunch of them.

If you are not seeing insects in the daytime check at night with a flash light. Slugs do their deed at night too.

Sneaky devils!

Is it dock? I have it everywhere. Lol! Good morning gardeners. I started clearing the squash to be patch in the high garden with the green beans. It shouldn’t take too long, however early morning is the easiest time of day to work up there. The bush beans there are slowly breaking soil now. Time for my breakfast now and a rest. Mowing after breakfast.
Is dock the same as pigweed?

Back
Top Bottom