What did you do in the garden today?

My first ever harvest of radishes. I'm not a fan really, but DH likes them. I found a hornworm on them. Is that normal?

My spinach has bolted. That's so sad.
IMG_20240527_064829070.jpg

I wanted to dig my garlic yesterday but unexpectedly had to go out of town. Nothing bad but it still took all day. We had a storm last night and getting more rain now. :he

The garlic is a soft neck with outer leaves brown and starting to flop over.

I've only grown garlic a few times.

🤔Should I try to dig with the ground wet and lay it near a fan or should I leave it 2-3 more days to let the ground dry a bit?

My first ever harvest of radishes. I'm not a fan really, but DH likes them. I found a hornworm on them. Is that normal?

My spinach has bolted. That's so sad.
View attachment 3845111
Spinach in my experience the bolting is triggered by day length. In my area it bolts the end of May no matter when it is planted. We do not have enough heat early to reliably get a crop. For me it does better as a fall crop. The shortening of day length prevents bolting.

Spinach in my experience the bolting is triggered by day length. In my area it bolts the end of May no matter when it is planted. We do not have enough heat early to reliably get a crop. For me it does better as a fall crop. The shortening of day length prevents bolting.
Yes, I agree - nothing I can do about it but replant for the fall. My lettuce is fine now but I'll probably put up some shade cloth.

Me too! I have to plant those in fall and they are bolting by March!!

Back
Top Bottom