What did you do with your flock today?

Had surgery Tuesday to remove arthritic lower thumb joint, so haven't done much with the chickens. Will be in this for 6 weeks. DH and friends are taking great care of me. 11 eggs today. Got their feeders filled Monday. Boys don't seem to eat as much as the girls do. The two wild boys are still in jail. So funny when they try to herd through the fence, and the girls give them the confused look.
View attachment 3449818
Yippee! The road to recovery! Hope you don't have to deal with too much pain @Popo

Go to enjoy some non-rainy time with the chickens today!! Yay!!!

Topped off everyone’s feed, clean water, new straw and first Saturday lime, collected eggs. Big Momma looks good as new today, phew! At this moment—there are 10 days with no rain in the forecast! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Gorgeous! Love the blue frizzle 😍 Big momma looks brilliant, definitely nipped that one in the bud, methinks. Good catch! And who's your chocolate beauty?

10 days without rain? Wow! You are sooo lucky!

Had surgery Tuesday to remove arthritic lower thumb joint, so haven't done much with the chickens. Will be in this for 6 weeks. DH and friends are taking great care of me. 11 eggs today. Got their feeders filled Monday. Boys don't seem to eat as much as the girls do. The two wild boys are still in jail. So funny when they try to herd through the fence, and the girls give them the confused look.
View attachment 3449818
Hope you'll have an easy recovery, Popo :hugs❤️

Well, the rain slowed last eve so the flock ran out to do what they do. Poop and eat grass and chase each other.View attachment 3448866
Hombre's suited up looking like a war horse. Had some bot flies bugging him so he had socks on too. He likes to wear his mask and blanket, probably likes his socks too. Such a fun silly. Probably should work on matching it all better I guess... still the best dressed at the pasture. Need to find his fly sheet for the warmer weather coming soon.View attachment 3448867
Possibly 1 more day of inclement weather.

Did not collect eggs but was sure to scrape boards. Need more mulch in the run. Hope to make it up Koke'e in my truck to pick up in a few days.
Ugh those wicked flies 😫

He looks comfy & peaceful ❤️

I can't believe it took you so long to notice 😂. Least they give you eggs ♡
Yup, that's always my go to "justification"

The ladies are working daily, so the least we can do is give them our best.

That egg laying song...I tell my sweetheart it's like a woman in labor every day! I can tell by his facial cringe he has empathy.

Then I point out the hawks always gliding around & zooming & the owls hooting & foxes barking at night & how busy the exhausted Roosters are on watch 24/7.

And That's why there's no problem with a Hen & a Roo set up in the "bathtub hospital" right now 😆 🤣 😂

Go to enjoy some non-rainy time with the chickens today!! Yay!!!

Topped off everyone’s feed, clean water, new straw and first Saturday lime, collected eggs. Big Momma looks good as new today, phew! At this moment—there are 10 days with no rain in the forecast! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Hooray for no rain for a bit and a happy Big Momma! 🥳🥳🥳
View attachment 3449818
That looks painful but sounds helpful ❤️ Did they replace the joint or just remove it? Hope you heal fast.
Yup, that's always my go to "justification"

The ladies are working daily, so the least we can do is give them our best.

That egg laying song...I tell my sweetheart it's like a woman in labor every day! I can tell by his facial cringe he has empathy.

Then I point out the hawks always gliding around & zooming & the owls hooting & foxes barking at night & how busy the exhausted Roosters are on watch 24/7.

And That's why there's no problem with a Hen & a Roo set up in the "bathtub hospital" right now 😆 🤣 😂
Have to bless our spouses sometimes! ❤️

We have some severe storms coming today. Tornados expected and I’m blessed that I don’t have any eggs in the incubator….but I do have 2 hens on eggs outside. We are waiting to see how bad the weather is going to get before I move them inside. I don’t plan on moving all the chickens though. I wish I could but it will just be too hard.

We have some severe storms coming today. Tornados expected and I’m blessed that I don’t have any eggs in the incubator….but I do have 2 hens on eggs outside. We are waiting to see how bad the weather is going to get before I move them inside. I don’t plan on moving all the chickens though. I wish I could but it will just be too hard.
I was reading about the storms headed your way--looks like there could be some serious weather in that front :( I hope you and @Gammas Bearded Babies miss the worst of it! ❤️

We just got our first ever chicks yesterday for my daughter's 4-H project. Even though we were worried they all seemed to be perfectly content over night in the brooder we bought. This is my daughter after school today hand feeding her babies, they seem more than happy to see her, especially with food in her hand!

Attachments

• IMG_20230331_132239063.jpg
    IMG_20230331_132239063.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 2
We just got our first ever chicks yesterday for my daughter's 4-H project. Even though we were worried they all seemed to be perfectly content over night in the brooder we bought. This is my daughter after school today hand feeding her babies, they seem more than happy to see her, especially with food in her hand!
What did you get for her 4-H project?? They look like they are buff colored? How exciting! I lead my daughter's 4-H chicken project--it's a lot of fun when I am not having to remind her to take care of them :D Congrats on the new babies!!

Back
Top Bottom