What did you do with your flock today?

Good morning gang! 🌺Happy Aloha friday!!!

Been on double time with bags and colonies. Tired. Got a new stand location 👍 bout 30 more bags to sew. Also sourced a cute and new bag style to sew. Im working it for sure. Tables are back out and i need to start processing a little less than 200 more bags in between this all.
20230606_142014.jpg

On the better more exciting news. Picked up 50+ 2×4's and some ply to start the Koke'e coop build. Did a visual of site and mapped out the 8x8 frame after dropping off lumber last eve. I think it will be too small but will make it work. Just for sleeping anyways.

Flock gave me 8 eggs yesterday. Lowest # I have seen in a bit. I have about 5 down due to one stage or another of broody but... obviously I have some slackers ♡♡♡
Welp. Better get my wiggle. The world awaits. Have a terrific day all!

It's terrific you are keeping a good eye on the flock.
Check crops in the morning. Should be empty. If empty in the morning and full at night that is probably terrific.
Is weight down on this bird? Bottom of pecking order? Maybe put out another food dish so all can eat and keep weight up especially while they are growing.
Enjoy! 🐤🐥
They are gaining weight but also the feathers on their back are sticking up. I'm just concerned because I am a chicken mama.

Good morning gang! 🌺Happy Aloha friday!!!

Been on double time with bags and colonies. Tired. Got a new stand location 👍 bout 30 more bags to sew. Also sourced a cute and new bag style to sew. Im working it for sure. Tables are back out and i need to start processing a little less than 200 more bags in between this all.View attachment 3535258

On the better more exciting news. Picked up 50+ 2×4's and some ply to start the Koke'e coop build. Did a visual of site and mapped out the 8x8 frame after dropping off lumber last eve. I think it will be too small but will make it work. Just for sleeping anyways.

Flock gave me 8 eggs yesterday. Lowest # I have seen in a bit. I have about 5 down due to one stage or another of broody but... obviously I have some slackers ♡♡♡
Welp. Better get my wiggle. The world awaits. Have a terrific day all!
I love the new bag option! I wish I had good feed bags to share with you! Mine are so boring!

1686329301086.png

So boring! :D

I had a feeling we hadn't heard much from you due to that pile of bags you were prepping! Are your fingers going to fall off? You are just one person! :S

I'm excited to see your coop! Now it's someone else's turn to build and show off their creative genius! ❤️ Good luck with the bags and the coop build!

How is the parvo puppy doing @ChicksnMore?? How i the treatment going? I am guessing you have been busy with him? I hope he is doing okay!
He's doing wonderful! It's been a long road but he's recovering. He went through four IV bags, lots of antiemetics and antibiotics...but he's finally turned the corner ands recovering. My first time dealing with parvo and wow is it ever an awful awful disease. I still have to disenfect everything, though I've done what I can as we go with bleach. I've ordered Sniper, Rescue and Vikon?...so when they come I'll do a full deep clean, then wait and repeat it once he's no longer shedding virus. Wow does he love my butt now! He cries when he can't follow me...poor little guy. I've stuck him with so many needles and force fed him teeny teaspoons every half hour for days... I'd totally understand if he ran away from me. But nope, hes such a good boy.

Hi everyone! I haven't caught up on everyone's posts but life's starting to settle back down. Puppies going to make it and all that's left is watching him regain all the weight he lost and get everything clean again. He'll be shedding virus for about a month still, but no other dogs have come down sick so far and there's good products for killing the bloody virus. I'm going to take great satisfaction in the cleaning process. I'll picture millions of little viruses dieing with every dirty wash rag! I have a good imagination, so I'm going to go all out and picture the little jerks screaming and everything 😝

Hope everything is going well for everyone! I'll be scarce for a bit still but have missed everyone ❤️

I love the new bag option! I wish I had good feed bags to share with you! Mine are so boring!

View attachment 3535315

So boring! :D

I had a feeling we hadn't heard much from you due to that pile of bags you were prepping! Are your fingers going to fall off? You are just one person! :S

I'm excited to see your coop! Now it's someone else's turn to build and show off their creative genius! ❤️ Good luck with the bags and the coop build!
Yes, burried in bags again.
🛍 :th🛍🛍
Sorry. Don't think your bag is boring, lol, but that is how I roll. NutsOwhat?! I may beg you later :oops:💕

I am excited about the new coop. Not excited about how little thought I will be putting into it. Still would rather have the shack but DH is being stubborn. Guess I can't have it all 🤣🤣

You must be feeling like a million bucks being so clean and legit and awesome options. Just terrific! ♡♡♡

Almost forgot I was going to post pictures! Puppy this morning...not frisky yet, but happy and healing ❤️View attachment 3535540
That is absolutely terrific to see. Goooose♡♡♡!!!! Just beautiful 😍 What a great day!!!! Makes up for a bunch of bad days that were endured. 💕
Blessings all around 😁👍👍👍

He's doing wonderful! It's been a long road but he's recovering. He went through four IV bags, lots of antiemetics and antibiotics...but he's finally turned the corner ands recovering. My first time dealing with parvo and wow is it ever an awful awful disease. I still have to disenfect everything, though I've done what I can as we go with bleach. I've ordered Sniper, Rescue and Vikon?...so when they come I'll do a full deep clean, then wait and repeat it once he's no longer shedding virus. Wow does he love my butt now! He cries when he can't follow me...poor little guy. I've stuck him with so many needles and force fed him teeny teaspoons every half hour for days... I'd totally understand if he ran away from me. But nope, hes such a good boy.
That's so wonderful to hear! Yay for puppy!! I think you might have a new best friend now!! :)

Back
Top Bottom