What did you do with your flock today?

Oh, what a day! Decided enough is enough. Unscrewed the panels and windows off the coop and found a gazillion mites. :rantFirst I took my heat gun to them, then bought some permethrin to spray everything. Death to all mites!!!!! What the heat gun didn't fry, the spray.killed the ones in the wood joints. When I treated and put the panels back on, I made sure they didn't touch the frame they are screwed into. :fl
I feel so bad that Onyx has been feeding these mini 🧛‍♂️ vampires. She probably hasn't finished molting because of anemia? She hasn't laid any eggs yet, since she was under the weather last month. All the girls are on 19% feed now. I have hopes that now she'll fully recover. Should I give her a higher protein feed to boost her blood? I have 30% game raiser.

Oh, what a day! Decided enough is enough. Unscrewed the panels and windows off the coop and found a gazillion mites. :rantFirst I took my heat gun to them, then bought some permethrin to spray everything. Death to all mites!!!!! What the heat gun didn't fry, the spray.killed the ones in the wood joints. When I treated and put the panels back on, I made sure they didn't touch the frame they are screwed into. :fl
I feel so bad that Onyx has been feeding these mini 🧛‍♂️ vampires. She probably hasn't finished molting because of anemia? She hasn't laid any eggs yet, since she was under the weather last month. All the girls are on 19% feed now. I have hopes that now she'll fully recover. Should I give her a higher protein feed to boost her blood? I have 30% game raiser.
I think you have taken care of the mites, and the 19% feed is good. She'll probably start getting through this molt now. Did you spray her for mites as well?

No, they weren't on her. Should I spray her and the rest if the hens as well? I only have red mites, thankfully not NFM.
Oh, I don't know. I haven't had to deal with mites. But the red ones are the ones that live in the coop and just come out and bite the chickens at night, right? If so, I'd say you got 'em!

Back
Top Bottom