What did you do with your flock today?

Aloha gang!
Cut fresh grass for the nest boxes and another truckload of mulch yesterday. Went to clean their boxes and found big rat poop! Eeek!
Well, I have a few more weeks up here so I won't worry too much.
Kahili Kitty eats out of my hand and let's me touch her but I am not allowed to get too familiar or I get scolded by her.
Forest is still my snuggle buddy. He plays with Kahili through the bars. She is not friendly enough to let out but she makes progress every day.
No sign of Ele Ka Pele. 😞

MIL has been tuff. They added new meds to hopefully help her and us.

Thinking about donating my old girls to a family who had some tragic events happen to them. For chicken therapy and so they can have eggs and not wait. They have the coop already to go. Old gals are still laying decent but ya know... I'm a little mixed about it. If it is the right thing for them and my girls. I guess it will work itself out.
Till then stay well all!
20210927_150527.jpg
48970~2.jpeg

Aloha gang!
Cut fresh grass for the nest boxes and another truckload of mulch yesterday. Went to clean their boxes and found big rat poop! Eeek!
Well, I have a few more weeks up here so I won't worry too much.
Kahili Kitty eats out of my hand and let's me touch her but I am not allowed to get too familiar or I get scolded by her.
Forest is still my snuggle buddy. He plays with Kahili through the bars. She is not friendly enough to let out but she makes progress every day.
No sign of Ele Ka Pele. 😞

MIL has been tuff. They added new meds to hopefully help her and us.

Thinking about donating my old girls to a family who had some tragic events happen to them. For chicken therapy and so they can have eggs and not wait. They have the coop already to go. Old gals are still laying decent but ya know... I'm a little mixed about it. If it is the right thing for them and my girls. I guess it will work itself out.
Till then stay well all!View attachment 2851695View attachment 2851700
Oh no! Rats are the worst! I think we have a ground (burrowing) vermin issue starting in our run. I’ve been finding mounded tunnels in the run and our lawn 🥴😩

It’s so nice of you to consider helping out others, it would be hard to give your ladies away though! ❤️

The kitties are so lucky to have you! They’re so cute 🥰

Awe, thanks @penny. This islands volcano is way dormant. I'll have to check on the BI news, I did not hear anything.
@kurby did you get an egg today?
No egg yet! 😩😩😩 they just taunt me with their cuteness and freeload! 😆 Fuzzy seems back to her normal self so I’m feeling better about her again, yay! And I am totally in love with my Ameraucanas…they’re turning out to be the most personable chickens I have and they’re super entertaining and actually let me pet them and hug them 😍

Attachments

• BEB04A7F-1E64-4BF2-A021-B5203C8399BB.jpeg
    BEB04A7F-1E64-4BF2-A021-B5203C8399BB.jpeg
    610 KB · Views: 1
  • 8367D386-6D91-445D-8027-3DAFF8A6A3DA.jpeg
    8367D386-6D91-445D-8027-3DAFF8A6A3DA.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 1
Oh no! Rats are the worst! I think we have a ground (burrowing) vermin issue starting in our run. I’ve been finding mounded tunnels in the run and our lawn 🥴😩

It’s so nice of you to consider helping out others, it would be hard to give your ladies away though! ❤️

The kitties are so lucky to have you! They’re so cute 🥰
Oh gosh I'd go nuts with a ground burrowing vermin. My son in law has a major war going on and those buggars are relentless. Feel bad for him.

I think I have an easy solution about the rat. Lock up the nest box lol. I have been leaving it open for a feeding station so the rain does not get the feed wet and well... duh.. . Obviously, just because I don't see then does not mean they are not there. They have not stolen eggs or harmed chickens- knock on wood- guess stealing feed is enough. Good. Maybe I will wander out with my pellet gun this eve.

Your girls are so young. If mine were young or it was earlier in my chicken experience I would not. I'm just not positive what to do but the offer I'd out there so I guess it will answer itself. Obviously... not a quick or enthusiastic answer so I guess people are fine.

Back
Top Bottom