What did you do with your flock today?

What vitamins do you give, how much, and how often? Do you add to their water or food.

20220120_075018.jpg

This is my go to arsenal. Not all one time but for different occasions. I really love them all.
Depending on weather and flock health, I will add 1-3x a week. About 1-2 tblspoons per gallon in their water for poultry cell and B-12. The vit and electrolytes I add 1/3 teaspoon per gal. If I add more, my flock won't drink. The b-12 is yummy and they like so I often add the B in with poultry cel. I also add to their food, just depends. I don't keep them on anything especially the electrolytes. Just add on hot days and always give breaks of plain, good old fresh, clean water ♡

View attachment 2966706
This is my go to arsenal. Not all one time but for different occasions. I really love them all.
Depending on weather and flock health, I will add 1-3x a week. About 1-2 tblspoons per gallon in their water for poultry cell and B-12. The vit and electrolytes I add 1/3 teaspoon per gal. If I add more, my flock won't drink. The b-12 is yummy and they like so I often add the B in with poultry cel. I also add to their food, just depends. I don't keep them on anything especially the electrolytes. Just add on hot days and always give breaks of plain, good old fresh, clean water ♡
Thanks so much for this! I have multi-species vitamins/electrolytes that I added to their water in summer. I also add apple cider vinegar to their water occasionally. I'm going to order what you've got so I have that on hand and I'll start adding that in to their water...slowly at first so as not to shock their systems.

Just for reference. Little one is FTT. Think like 2+ months old. Cockerel is the smaller of 2 and 4 mo. Buffs seem pretty slow to mature.
The little was crusted over and blinded by scabs with both eyes. Cockerel never had a scab but shows signs so must be in his throat.
When I let him out in the flock he signals with his tail that he is sick. And I don't want him picked on so better to isolate with a sick pal. Will move them to empty rooster coop after next feed for sun and exercise
20220120_094627.jpg
20220120_094621.jpg

Just for reference. Little one is FTT. Think like 2+ months old. Cockerel is the smaller of 2 and 4 mo. Buffs seem pretty slow to mature.
The little was crusted over and blinded by scabs with both eyes. Cockerel never had a scab but shows signs so must be in his throat.
When I let him out in the flock he signals with his tail that he is sick. And I don't want him picked on so better to isolate with a sick pal. Will move them to empty rooster coop after next feed for sun and exerciseView attachment 2966847View attachment 2966848
Poor little things 😭

When I let him out in the flock he signals with his tail that he is sick. And I don't want him picked on so better to isolate with a sick pal. Will move them to empty rooster coop after next feed for sun and exerciseView attachment 2966847View attachment 2966848
Oh man! That dry pox looks awful :-( poor babies! 😩

Poor little things 😭
Oh man! That dry pox looks awful :-( poor babies! 😩
They actually had a pretty good day today. They ate softened crumble on their own this morning. I kept them locked up till I got home from HS and then syringe them the good stuff. They then wandered the garden till this eve. 4mo tail stayed up till a chook approached, usually a roo, then it would drop to the side. Reminds me of when horses are sick or wounded. 3 mo acts like nothing is wrong, perfectly normal, oblivious or clueless. Guess it is time to come up with a name for that one.
Any ideas?

Good news at the HS! Foster zombies have their surgeries scheduled for next week!!!
That means they will be able to be adopted out very soon!! :ya:ya:jumpy:bun:ya Yippee!!!
They will be missed but it is time for them to have their own wonderful home ♡♡
My pal is a terrific fuzzy mom with a big house, financially stable, lots of experience, lots of love to give and receive. I hope it is a perfect match ♡♡

Good news at the HS! Foster zombies have their surgeries scheduled for next week!!!
That means they will be able to be adopted out very soon!! :ya:ya:jumpy:bun:ya Yippee!!!
They will be missed but it is time for them to have their own wonderful home ♡♡
My pal is a terrific fuzzy mom with a big house, financially stable, lots of experience, lots of love to give and receive. I hope it is a perfect match ♡♡
That’s so exciting!! Yay for the foster zombies! ❤️❤️ I’m so glad to hear that they will be going somewhere happy and well loved 🥰

They actually had a pretty good day today. They ate softened crumble on their own this morning. I kept them locked up till I got home from HS and then syringe them the good stuff. They then wandered the garden till this eve. 4mo tail stayed up till a chook approached, usually a roo, then it would drop to the side. Reminds me of when horses are sick or wounded. 3 mo acts like nothing is wrong, perfectly normal, oblivious or clueless. Guess it is time to come up with a name for that one.
Any ideas?
How about Nakoa?? He seems like a great Warrior to keep on fighting despite all odds against him/her? 🥰

Back
Top Bottom