What did you do with your flock today?

Beigie likes to sit in my shoulder when I let the birds out. It’s a little inconvenient to try to feed them and open the door with my arm mostly frozen to keep her from sliding off, but it’s cute and it makes her happy.
Here’s a pic of her I took a day or two ago on my shoulder. View attachment 2130377
I’ve also accidentally turned her into a snack monster. She spends all day by the front door trying to get in, begging for snacks. If given the chance, she runs inside. She also chases people around the yard for snacks. :lau
Here she is waiting outside the door.
View attachment 2130409

Reminds me of my horse, she circles my house like a shark until I feed her.

I sat outside with them until it got dark. Watching them be chickens brings me peace.
I totally get this. I love giving them interesting things like a tray of fresh soil, or a big clump of sod. I love giving them treats like meal worms or corn on the cob. It's so fun watching them interact with each other and something they think is valuable or just interesting to them. And it's fascinating watching them just do their chicken things. Today we gave them pill bugs, something they'd not seen before and it was a big hit. We're going to get some chairs to keep in the run that are easy clean and safe.

I'm working on adding to my flock. I candled all 24 eggs, took out 4 that I knew were not fertile, and separated the ones I wasn't sure about, roughly a third of them. So, down to 13 that I'm confident about. They aren't hatchery eggs, just a backyard mix, but I'd like to be wrong about those others. 13 just seems to be a not nice number. Pics are the eggs I separated. Sorry for the glare.

Attachments

• 20200519_092107.jpg
    20200519_092107.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom