What did you do with your flock today?

Yesterday started building the duck house and the bottom of their pond. When husband gets off work we will be doing more on it I’m sure.
So on my walk I ran into a wild pig and one broody junglefowl who scared the geezers out of me. I could not find her nest even though I looked for a few minutes. A few photos to shareView attachment 3212826View attachment 3212828View attachment 3212829View attachment 3212833View attachment 3212839👆baby pig track, 👇wild coffee plant mixed with wild blackberry and guavaView attachment 3212831View attachment 3212846
really beautiful pictures!!!

So on my walk I ran into a wild pig and one broody junglefowl who scared the geezers out of me. I could not find her nest even though I looked for a few minutes. A few photos to shareView attachment 3212826View attachment 3212828View attachment 3212829View attachment 3212833View attachment 3212839👆baby pig track, 👇wild coffee plant mixed with wild blackberry and guavaView attachment 3212831View attachment 3212846
Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
It really is magical. I went off the beaten path to get you folks some photos. Nice to be taken on adventures ♡ no matter where. 😁
The photos don't show the brutality of the walk/hike. I have a mile down hill then levels to some fine nature walking, but I always have to make it back up that mile to get home and well, even the dog drags on that one... probably just to make me feel better. I can get a pretty good sweat going and keep a good pace. There are easier Trails around here. I'll be sure to take you on another one or two.
Yesterday started building the duck house and the bottom of their pond. When husband gets off work we will be doing more on it I’m sure.

really beautiful pictures!!!
How dreamy to have a pond for your ducks and a duck house next to it! Hope you will attach some photos ♡ I'm a visual learner.

It really is magical. I went off the beaten path to get you folks some photos. Nice to be taken on adventures ♡ no matter where. 😁
The photos don't show the brutality of the walk/hike. I have a mile down hill then levels to some fine nature walking, but I always have to make it back up that mile to get home and well, even the dog drags on that one... probably just to make me feel better. I can get a pretty good sweat going and keep a good pace. There are easier Trails around here. I'll be sure to take you on another one or two.

How dreamy to have a pond for your ducks and a duck house next to it! Hope you will attach some photos ♡ I'm a visual learner.
Same here! I will. It’s still got plenty of work to do on it…but here is some for the start of it. The one with the blue around it is where the pond will go and the other square will go on top. Just a no dig pond…we were going to just use an old tub but digging that big of a hole didn’t sound fun. There has been more done to the pond since this picture but I don’t have any yet.

The pallets are going to be part of the fence. Not the whole fence but part because these guys will get a direct hit from the north cold winds and any snow that comes through and the pallets will help break that up

Attachments

• 4F6E508C-A94D-4CDA-8CED-B852AF457282.jpeg
    4F6E508C-A94D-4CDA-8CED-B852AF457282.jpeg
    922.9 KB · Views: 2
Same here! I will. It’s still got plenty of work to do on it…but here is some for the start of it. The one with the blue around it is where the pond will go and the other square will go on top. Just a no dig pond…we were going to just use an old tub but digging that big of a hole didn’t sound fun. There has been more done to the pond since this picture but I don’t have any yet.

The pallets are going to be part of the fence. Not the whole fence but part because these guys will get a direct hit from the north cold winds and any snow that comes through and the pallets will help break that up
:woot:bun:ya that is awesome!! Hope you keep us following along. NICE job ♡

:woot:bun:ya that is awesome!! Hope you keep us following along. NICE job ♡
thank you!!! I will! I can’t wait for it to be done! I’m hoping next year to put some pretty flowers around it. The chicken coop I put a bunch of herbs around it and some are doing ok while other are struggling, due to the fact that they eat it as soon as they see growth 🤦‍♀️. I will have to figure something out to keep them from eating them before they get a chance to get big. It’s supposed to help with their shade too. Silly chickens

What a zoo! @ChicksnMore and charm, charm, charm! ♡♡♡

Rained all day after my walk. So just did a few inside painting projects.

Left chooks in their run, no free range because hunting dog is coming around becoming more friendly and I would like to make some moves to try and capture him- W/o freaking him out and going backwards. Also only @ a 30% trust with chooks out free ranging. He is hurt and needs some care and a home. I have done all I can with adds and fliers and HS. No news on his owner. So just keeping him fed till?

Not sure what today brings. Hoping good coffee to start.
There's an ap called Nextdoor that I've used to find dog owners. It doesn't always work but sometimes does! And one time when we had a starving dog show up, we were able to find a rescue group to take over her care through it.

Hope the coffee was good!

Bet those walks keep you healthy and fit!

Looks like your going to have some happy ducks!
Have you thought ahead on how to drain your duck pond? Small ponds will get horribly dirty and stinky fast with ducks if they have constant access to it. Adding plants helps a lot but the ducks will destroy them over time. I keep pond buckets (40 gallon each) and a small pond that I keep pond plants, snails and mosquito fish growing in to put in the ducks stock tank pond to try to keep it clean as long as possible. It worked pretty good with three little call ducks, but now that we have more it's a struggle to keep it clean. I love what your working on for them!
Hey good morning all second cup of coffee to be had.
Took new photos of my banty hard to see Shift knob in most but pretty clear in this one.View attachment 3213451
I just love your banty tractor... especially the board across the back to hold their food etc. I've never seen a shelf added like that and I'm wondering why...it's just plain smart!

There's an ap called Nextdoor that I've used to find dog owners. It doesn't always work but sometimes does! And one time when we had a starving dog show up, we were able to find a rescue group to take over her care through it.

Hope the coffee was good!

Bet those walks keep you healthy and fit!

Looks like your going to have some happy ducks!
Have you thought ahead on how to drain your duck pond? Small ponds will get horribly dirty and stinky fast with ducks if they have constant access to it. Adding plants helps a lot but the ducks will destroy them over time. I keep pond buckets (40 gallon each) and a small pond that I keep pond plants, snails and mosquito fish growing in to put in the ducks stock tank pond to try to keep it clean as long as possible. It worked pretty good with three little call ducks, but now that we have more it's a struggle to keep it clean. I love what your working on for them!

I just love your banty tractor... especially the board across the back to hold their food etc. I've never seen a shelf added like that and I'm wondering why...it's just plain smart!
Actually we have. We have a sump pump that we will use that has a fire hose hooked up to it and since the garden is right there we will pump it out into that. The plants will go in the outside of the run, I think putting plants inside the pond would be a whole lot more work. At least just from what I have read. I have thought about putting some fish in there but if I’m pumping out the water every so often it wouldn’t work well. And we have a tank that we can fill with water and use to fill the pond back up.

Back
Top Bottom