What did you do with your flock today?

Weather report said we would be getting some heavy rains off and on Friday- Sunday. This morning some finally arrived... in a warm sultry drip. It was very early morning and very brief. When the sun came up it gave us a stunningly beautiful day, even for Hawaii's standard.
Honey swung my baby by for fun and a bath
View attachment 3285358
Rest of the day was chicken chores, sewing and a few Boo rides. Perfect.
She is just so pretty!!! I’m glad you had a perfect day!

Weather report said we would be getting some heavy rains off and on Friday- Sunday. This morning some finally arrived... in a warm sultry drip. It was very early morning and very brief. When the sun came up it gave us a stunningly beautiful day, even for Hawaii's standard.
Honey swung my baby by for fun and a bath
View attachment 3285358
Rest of the day was chicken chores, sewing and a few Boo rides. Perfect.
Aloha! Kama'aina girl transplanted to WA.

Married a Navy man, got here, bought a house, now after moving a few times, retired here. Got chickens. Now we stay hea. Good fun! My bro stay on Kauai.
I'm Westside Kauai.
Congratulations on retirement and chickens! 😉
I've never been to Washington yet but hope to go one day. Seems very beautiful w/ decent people.

Today I tried very hard to do very little!! I’m proud to say I managed to do this with only a small amount of anxiety about it! I even got in a nap. It was glorious ☺️

I also made time for some chicken loves and chores…every chickie seems to be okay. My light Brahma Bella appears to be broody, Fuzzy is trying to be broody again, Sia is being broody, Polly is being broody, and Coco is having a serious molt! This is her back and her neck looks similar and she has no tail 🥴 Poor thing looks sooo unpretty and uncomfortable 😣 Think I’m gonna make them all some eggs tomorrow! And add some vitamins for them!
A3BFE98D-4052-463E-AED3-8FD84C788117.jpeg

We also made the decision to sell my cockerel OD—Lunch—to a woman with a flock and a three year old. Aria was very mad at me, but we had 14 roosters and she wants to keep them all! I trust that Lunch will be kind to a young child and also feel he’s fully equipped to have a flock so he deserved his chance! He’s already made friends with her gorgeous frizzle Polish hen so I think he’s a happy guy! 🥰

Nohope found his way back to the bantam run again…not sure how! He’s too big to be flying over the fence but he shows no signs he’s using his face to bang the door of the coop open. He got taken out the back of the small purple coop the night before last so last night and tonight he ran and hid in the green coop. It’s harder to get him out the back of, and he’s apparently figured this out! 🤪🙄 so he won for tonight…🤦🏼‍♀️

I am hopefully getting a few hatching eggs this week! I’m excited. They are from a show breeder in Missouri that has white d’Anvers and I have black and self-blue, so I’m hoping to hatch some and play with colors in the future! Plus I just love a smooth feathered white chicken with a beard! They’re late laying and they’re being shipped, so I will feel fortunate to get 1-2 to hatch! I just love my BBDA babies! 😍😍 Pip Pip hung out with me for a bit today. She’s just a really calm girl and let’s me pet her as long as I want ❤️
979C7BAF-E4C8-4DE9-B79D-F1946C519E8F.jpeg

Also, speaking of molting. Ms Frizzle is back to her beautiful frizzled self!
41E142E0-A020-44AC-AE0D-1B5F832D8813.jpeg

And Honey is starting to show signs of life post molt as well. She’s really thin, but not deathly thin and seemed happy today. She snuggled though for a good 20 mins on my shoulder. I’m not sure where to try re-integrating her. The bantams are a bit saucy! She might do better with my big girls. They’re nice to silkies and Polish…Honey should be accepted I’d think!

Ok, bedtime for me! Have the day off tomorrow but kids still gotta go to school!

What does this looks like to yall?
Today I tried very hard to do very little!! I’m proud to say I managed to do this with only a small amount of anxiety about it! I even got in a nap. It was glorious ☺️

I also made time for some chicken loves and chores…every chickie seems to be okay. My light Brahma Bella appears to be broody, Fuzzy is trying to be broody again, Sia is being broody, Polly is being broody, and Coco is having a serious molt! This is her back and her neck looks similar and she has no tail 🥴 Poor thing looks sooo unpretty and uncomfortable 😣 Think I’m gonna make them all some eggs tomorrow! And add some vitamins for them!
View attachment 3286457

We also made the decision to sell my cockerel OD—Lunch—to a woman with a flock and a three year old. Aria was very mad at me, but we had 14 roosters and she wants to keep them all! I trust that Lunch will be kind to a young child and also feel he’s fully equipped to have a flock so he deserved his chance! He’s already made friends with her gorgeous frizzle Polish hen so I think he’s a happy guy! 🥰

Nohope found his way back to the bantam run again…not sure how! He’s too big to be flying over the fence but he shows no signs he’s using his face to bang the door of the coop open. He got taken out the back of the small purple coop the night before last so last night and tonight he ran and hid in the green coop. It’s harder to get him out the back of, and he’s apparently figured this out! 🤪🙄 so he won for tonight…🤦🏼‍♀️

I am hopefully getting a few hatching eggs this week! I’m excited. They are from a show breeder in Missouri that has white d’Anvers and I have black and self-blue, so I’m hoping to hatch some and play with colors in the future! Plus I just love a smooth feathered white chicken with a beard! They’re late laying and they’re being shipped, so I will feel fortunate to get 1-2 to hatch! I just love my BBDA babies! 😍😍 Pip Pip hung out with me for a bit today. She’s just a really calm girl and let’s me pet her as long as I want ❤️
View attachment 3286466

Also, speaking of molting. Ms Frizzle is back to her beautiful frizzled self!
View attachment 3286468

And Honey is starting to show signs of life post molt as well. She’s really thin, but not deathly thin and seemed happy today. She snuggled though for a good 20 mins on my shoulder. I’m not sure where to try re-integrating her. The bantams are a bit saucy! She might do better with my big girls. They’re nice to silkies and Polish…Honey should be accepted I’d think!

Ok, bedtime for me! Have the day off tomorrow but kids still gotta go to school!
That is one nightmare of a molt!!!
Glad you got some much needed rest!!!
I dread broody days...mine have all been juvenile molting so I'm guessing that maybe why they are later starting to lay.

DH held the light for me while I moved all of mine into the coop at 10pm so as not to be as inviting to the returning coin. With each trip to the coop he'd say that all of em? Nope I'd say...praying he would stop saying that out loud!!!

What does this looks like to yall?

That is one nightmare of a molt!!!
Glad you got some much needed rest!!!
I dread broody days...mine have all been juvenile molting so I'm guessing that maybe why they are later starting to lay.

DH held the light for me while I moved all of mine into the coop at 10pm so as not to be as inviting to the returning coin. With each trip to the coop he'd say that all of em? Nope I'd say...praying he would stop saying that out loud!!!
Yeah…I told the husband I was getting hatching eggs this week after saying I was taking a break hahaha…he’s stopped fighting it 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom