What did you do with your flock today?

The six that hatched are with Silkie broody cleaned my coops had to get a photo
002.jpg

They can drive you nuts I have been known to shut them away when I till their yards to plant clover they will get so close to times knowing there will be worms
I was literally trying to drill boards together and my roo that likes to lick my face cause I'm sweating was sitting on my leg licking away. I got one pecking my butt. one is trying to eat my polish off my toes. One is pecking the board im drilling. I had one on my back picking at my ponytail i finally shooshed them all away 🤪

I was literally trying to drill boards together and my roo that likes to lick my face cause I'm sweating was sitting on my leg licking away. I got one pecking my butt. one is trying to eat my polish off my toes. One is pecking the board im drilling. I had one on my back picking at my ponytail i finally shooshed them all away 🤪

He licks you? :eek:
How- how does that work? XD

Not too much happened today. Eclipse is mastering his vocal chords and belted out some wonderful crows.
Oh, and Marshmallow and her babies -- all of whom are currently house-chickens -- climbed up onto the back of an armchair and promptly cuddled up. I sat with them for a while.
Spook remains my clingy faithful bodyguard/puppy. He is such a sweet guinea.

Hey everyone, i bought my girls their finishing/grower food. They’ve got some real heft to them, especially Amelia who I think is the head hen. The past two nights I was getting lax with the coop training, and so they’ve been going into the same coop by themselves. So I guess I’ll just keep separating them by hand until it’s cool enough to keep them inside for the few days. Been doing supervised free ranging for the past week, they are LOVING it! They haven’t gone farther then 30 ft from the run, but since there’s so much leaf litter they don’t really need to. I’ll post pics tomorrow, since they are now fully feathered.

Here’s my pics. Yet to be named chicken #1, I’m not posting a pic of unnamed chicken #2 since they look almost identical. 5700C9EA-C6CF-47A7-A567-0A4A6488A348.jpeg
Amelia. Jade looks the same but smaller so no pic for her either. A54066B6-BC9F-4FAE-9A02-61B7AD634A4C.jpeg
Valerie
8AC50E07-7FCF-49B0-B560-D0E3208C9E90.jpeg
My head hen, Grace. Since she likes to viciously peck my freckles and moles. I think she’s head hen since last night she called everyone to the coop.
DA0AB2B3-4A5B-41EA-8BD4-DBC6DC2C4B05.jpeg
Cheeky
55C3A69D-4529-4698-9036-95B697825CDA.jpeg
Hawk
BEEA9B1E-1C27-4BDD-8C30-B55DF4E788D7.jpeg
I haven’t found a suitable name for two sexlinks, thinking one should be named nugget?

Back
Top Bottom