What did you do with your flock today?

Oh my goodness, you all have been busy today. Nice catching up with you all this eve.

Went up Koke'e and took down the run fence and pulled out the trailer/coop. Did not take us long, just as designed. I was stoked. Got the posts flagged as I did not want to pull those out. Tree guys can work around I hope. Straighted up the cabin as the tree dudes are going to stay in it. Made it home by 4.

Hung with the littles as they like to see me now. Must be the worms. I've gotten into the habit of giving worms or lifting rocks for bugs and today I caught a few lizards for them. I'm the best mom ever!

Well, congrats on the new chick digs @fbm. Sounds like it will make a great grow out coop or broody or sick bay hospital or intro... or, or, or?!! Cool score and fun fixer 😉

Miss kurby, another beautiful baby ♡♡♡ helps to soften the loss I hope.

@Shetland lover you are fuuuunny! Need a good chuckle and fresh humor ♡ thank you! 😅😅😅 My cute kitty is very sight impared and that makes him extra special to me. I'm so lucky he made it into my life, so grateful ♡

@Gammas, glad you have good imput already. I've nothing to add other than they are adorable ♡♡♡

Well. Tomorrow is a sewing day. Lots to catch up on. Got a few special orders for Christmas too! I need to get my wiggle on 😜 Looking forward to checking in.
Im glad your coop and run went pretty easy! I hope the trimming goes good!

It is awesome that your littles like to see you now! Mine wasn’t a fan of mealworm until recently. It was scrambled eggs for mine and that was it. Picky little things.

The little coop might make for a pretty good grow out coop. It for sure isn’t meant for many good size birds. It is still up in the air as to what we will use it for but I’m excited to have it. In the picture you see one window but it is covered with plexiglass. So we will take that out and put hardwire cloth over it and put something similar in the front. I have to look at the sides better to see where the roost bar is to see what adjustments I have to make and if I can put ventilation on the sides. If not i might put a vent on the roof. It’s still on the trailer so it’s the best pictures I can get.

Attachments

• F86C4B9E-6256-4BE4-A997-A44FF0C89CD4.jpeg
    F86C4B9E-6256-4BE4-A997-A44FF0C89CD4.jpeg
    730.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 8112512B-55FA-4217-88A4-5DFF520EF845.jpeg
    8112512B-55FA-4217-88A4-5DFF520EF845.jpeg
    601.1 KB · Views: 3
  • B62EC2A8-6762-480E-A487-5D18649A7C6B.jpeg
    B62EC2A8-6762-480E-A487-5D18649A7C6B.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 0EC60301-8C52-4A30-8CC8-2471ABED5ECD.jpeg
    0EC60301-8C52-4A30-8CC8-2471ABED5ECD.jpeg
    504.4 KB · Views: 4
Well@ fbm, looks like you are going to have to roll up your sleeves on this one. But we know you have and will do your magic and make it wonderful & functional.

@Shetland lover I see you are a fellow sucker for grey tabby 😻😻😺. Your baby's are beautiful! Great photos.

@ChicksnMore must have been wonderful to take a stroll to see your beautiful babies, connect and recharge your heart. It is Sunday so you have people close by I hope? Everything looks stunning as always, I hope the weather is fine for you ♡ and today is a good day ♡

@PopoMyers brrrrr! I feel for you cold climate folks having to manage flocks and such. I am not sure I would be up for the tasks you folks take on.
Love the heated kitty house ♡ maybe kitty will get tired of being inside after a bit and go out to enjoy the amenities... mine would probably come in and take over all flat and slightly rounded surfaces (and not leave till spring).

Last edited:
Well, it is still dark and fairly quiet here, cept antsy dog and crowing roos. I forgot to mention I was able to get another ranch rooster rehomed, am still patiently waiting on a bite for the last (then my 3 cockerels 🙄 never ending) It will come. Good to have one less crow anyways forsure.
I dumped the last of my mulch stash in the run yesterday. I def need more organic material in there especially with the rainy season ahead of us. Tree trimmers will be leaving us their pile of fresh pine chips but I imagine that will be sticky/sappy and possibly gnats will attract to it, not sure. Hope it is nice 🤞

Anyways, a fun, low key day at home sewing and watching chooks. Next week should be wild 😁

Sounds like you've been busier than any of us!

"My cute kitty is very sight impared and that makes him extra special to me. I'm so lucky he made it into my life, so grateful ♡"

Aww, that's so beautiful. You're so lucky to have each other, I'd say. These things are often meant to be.❤

Here's my current two:
Besides your beautiful kitties 😻😻 who I now love, the throw on the floor.... what is the story on that?! It is absolutely amazing!! Some terrific fun work 💕

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?

Here are a few pictures of my birds.
View attachment 2128859View attachment 2128860View attachment 2128833View attachment 2128869
View attachment 2128894
He is goòorgeous! The first pic dude.

Took these pics . . . My Bieles are growing so fast. I could not wait until days later for a pic (been doing weeklies).

As usual the Neiderrheiners are stealing the show.

Attachments

• 20221127_130930.jpg
    20221127_130930.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221127_130934.jpg
    20221127_130934.jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221127_130949.jpg
    20221127_130949.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221127_131001.jpg
    20221127_131001.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 3
Besides your beautiful kitties 😻😻 who I now love, the throw on the floor.... what is the story on that?! It is absolutely amazing!! Some terrific fun work 💕
Thank you! I do love all my babies 😍 Keep asking if I can have a new black kitty but DH wants a dog. I love dogs too but....

I hand crocheted the throw last year, It's based on Frida Kalho's flower paintings. Took me bloody ages! I put it on the floor when it was done to make sure I'd put it together straight and Grace claimed it immediately! So I just had to take a photo!

Thank you! I do love all my babies 😍 Keep asking if I can have a new black kitty but DH wants a dog. I love dogs too but....

I hand crocheted the throw last year, It's based on Frida Kalho's flower paintings. Took me bloody ages! I put it on the floor when it was done to make sure I'd put it together straight and Grace claimed it immediately! So I just had to take a photo!
🥰💕 WONDERFUL!!! I am so completely impressed :bow:bow:bow

Back
Top Bottom