What did you do with your flock today?

Well@ fbm, looks like you are going to have to roll up your sleeves on this one. But we know you have and will do your magic and make it wonderful & functional.

@Shetland lover I see you are a fellow sucker for grey tabby 😻😻😺. Your baby's are beautiful! Great photos.

@ChicksnMore must have been wonderful to take a stroll to see your beautiful babies, connect and recharge your heart. It is Sunday so you have people close by I hope? Everything looks stunning as always, I hope the weather is fine for you ♡ and today is a good day ♡

@PopoMyers brrrrr! I feel for you cold climate folks having to manage flocks and such. I am not sure I would be up for the tasks you folks take on.
Love the heated kitty house ♡ maybe kitty will get tired of being inside after a bit and go out to enjoy the amenities... mine would probably come in and take over all flat and slightly rounded surfaces (and not leave till spring).
I sure hope I can do it with this one. It has good bones, but for sure needs help. Not sure when I will get to it with winter literally at my door but when I do I will for sure post pics

Sounds like you've been busier than any of us!

"My cute kitty is very sight impared and that makes him extra special to me. I'm so lucky he made it into my life, so grateful ♡"

Aww, that's so beautiful. You're so lucky to have each other, I'd say. These things are often meant to be.❤

Here's my current two:
You cats are adorable and I just love the face the last one is making with the hat on 😆

This is my baby girl! Miyuki 🥰

Attachments

• EAD9A298-28A5-449E-8B51-D62BE01AA108.jpeg
    EAD9A298-28A5-449E-8B51-D62BE01AA108.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 3
He was supposed to be pure lavender, both parents were but I guess there was something other in there from previous generations. I once spent ages scrubbing his feathers with an old toothbrush because I thought a patch of buff feathers on his back was dirt 🤣 He wasn't quite 1 year old when he was poisoned so we never got to see him as a mature bird. He was a special boy with a great temperament. I miss him every day but it's a blessing to have his son, daughter and now his grandson.
Haha that’s funny! I probably would have done the same thing 😆

So much happening. @kurby22 , so sorry for your loss. Sending comforting hugs your way. :hugs:hugs:hugsIt is never easy. He had a good life with your love and care. Windy here, and expecting snow on Tuesday, Wednesday, and below freezing by next weekend. I might have to let the outdoor cat in for a short time, but he does have a house with a heated bed just for that reason. He survived the below freezing temps a couple weeks ago. My cockerels crow went high pitched today, not sure why? Maybe he's hoarse from practicing too much.? I had to observe to see which boy it was. He's trying to charm all the ladies, one of my Brahmas stood him off. Nope, not today, buddy!
Thanks @PopoMyers he was such a good boy. He deserved a much longer and happier life though :-( The good ones always seem to struggle more and I always feel so sad about it!

Cockerels are so entertaining to watch and listen to 😆

Got to visit with some of my birds today 😍View attachment 3334040
View attachment 3334051View attachment 3334052View attachment 3334053
View attachment 3334054
You can just barely see Jazzy in the background
View attachment 3334043
My poor ducks are still using their vacation water bowl and determined to enjoy it! I really need to get their bigger stock pond back to them😭
Your birds are just so pretty!! The ducks don’t seem to mind the tiny pond at all 😍 SO cute!!

So much happening. @kurby22 , so sorry for your loss. Sending comforting hugs your way. :hugs:hugs:hugsIt is never easy. He had a good life with your love and care. Windy here, and expecting snow on Tuesday, Wednesday, and below freezing by next weekend. I might have to let the outdoor cat in for a short time, but he does have a house with a heated bed just for that reason. He survived the below freezing temps a couple weeks ago. My cockerels crow went high pitched today, not sure why? Maybe he's hoarse from practicing too much.? I had to observe to see which boy it was. He's trying to charm all the ladies, one of my Brahmas stood him off. Nope, not today, buddy!
I had one lil rooster that never lost his baby crow...even as an old fart he still sounded like he was quietly choking rather then crowing 😂
Your birds are beautiful! I'd love peafowl but I think the neighbours would draw the line at the noise from them. Add to that my lack of space.... same goes for ducks unfortunately. I'm trying to persuade DH to let me have quail though.
I'd love some quail too ❤️ but I've got too much to get done to even think about it yet 😂
Im glad your coop and run went pretty easy! I hope the trimming goes good!

It is awesome that your littles like to see you now! Mine wasn’t a fan of mealworm until recently. It was scrambled eggs for mine and that was it. Picky little things.

The little coop might make for a pretty good grow out coop. It for sure isn’t meant for many good size birds. It is still up in the air as to what we will use it for but I’m excited to have it. In the picture you see one window but it is covered with plexiglass. So we will take that out and put hardwire cloth over it and put something similar in the front. I have to look at the sides better to see where the roost bar is to see what adjustments I have to make and if I can put ventilation on the sides. If not i might put a vent on the roof. It’s still on the trailer so it’s the best pictures I can get.
That looks like a fun project!
Well, it is still dark and fairly quiet here, cept antsy dog and crowing roos. I forgot to mention I was able to get another ranch rooster rehomed, am still patiently waiting on a bite for the last (then my 3 cockerels 🙄 never ending) It will come. Good to have one less crow anyways forsure.
I dumped the last of my mulch stash in the run yesterday. I def need more organic material in there especially with the rainy season ahead of us. Tree trimmers will be leaving us their pile of fresh pine chips but I imagine that will be sticky/sappy and possibly gnats will attract to it, not sure. Hope it is nice 🤞

Anyways, a fun, low key day at home sewing and watching chooks. Next week should be wild 😁
Tree trimmings sound delightful! What's up next week? Hopefully something fun 🤩
Took these pics . . . My Bieles are growing so fast. I could not wait until days later for a pic (been doing weeklies).

As usual the Neiderrheiners are stealing the show.
I had to Google those breeds! Beautiful babies ❤️ Your first chickens?
Thank you! I do love all my babies 😍 Keep asking if I can have a new black kitty but DH wants a dog. I love dogs too but....

I hand crocheted the throw last year, It's based on Frida Kalho's flower paintings. Took me bloody ages! I put it on the floor when it was done to make sure I'd put it together straight and Grace claimed it immediately! So I just had to take a photo!
Beautiful work! Your kitties smart to lay claim to it!

I had one lil rooster that never lost his baby crow...even as an old fart he still sounded like he was quietly choking rather then crowing 😂

I'd love some quail too ❤️ but I've got too much to get done to even think about it yet 😂

That looks like a fun project!

Tree trimmings sound delightful! What's up next week? Hopefully something fun 🤩

I had to Google those breeds! Beautiful babies ❤️ Your first chickens?

Beautiful work! Your kitties smart to lay claim to it!
😂 A project is almost an understatement…it’s more like a mission. 🤦‍♀️ The one thing that it has going for it, it has frame work and the floor isn’t rotten…. It’s also heavy, so it won’t blow over. It is seriously so small…I don’t understand how they got 6 chickens in there. They had to be small birds or early enough that they didn’t take too much room. I will have to get a better picture tomorrow to show just how small this is.

Back
Top Bottom