What did you do with your flock today?

That is so aweful and I am sorry! We have some huskys in the neighborhood that went after our mini silky goats recently and fortunately we were right there to stop them from getting to them. I don’t know what I’d do in your shoes. I wish you much better luck with your additions.
I dispatched the dogs. They were huskies too. One white one brown. Dead

Tonight was the first night we let the chickens put themselves to bed and I think it went all right!

5 of them went in the coop all by themselves. 4 went in after being herded to the correct side of the coop (2 sides of the coop are inside the run boundaries) and one, which we're calling The Rebel (the first time we had them out, we had to chase her to get inside. We couldn't catch her. Then, she sauntered up the ramp like she owned it. She's been the last one in ever since) either couldn't figure out that the rest of the flock was up the ramp and in the coop or forgot what doors were...at any rate we caught her and put her in the coop.

Tomorrow morning we're getting up early to put the last bits of the wire on for the roof of the run. Then, I won't have to babysit them all day! (I'll still go and check on them, and refill water. It's not going to cool down anytime soon)

I got updated pics of my three babies today. They aren’t great, but it’s the best pics of them I’ve gotten. They’re almost 2mo.
Beast.
A14647A5-7213-4013-A90E-EAD2034D6136.jpeg
3751B642-7A98-415F-B0CB-3EDFDD7BFA5E.jpeg

Elphie. She looks like she’s missing half of her body, but it’s just the angle. :p
4D72F691-D61F-42D2-BF03-6867E0130533.jpeg
0D8B2AD4-5CA2-401B-AF18-EEDE234EB439.jpeg

And Os.
16E6411C-7AA6-4734-A2C4-08D21CFC85FC.jpeg

Today everyone can finally use the high roost in the tractor and the horizontal nipple waterers. I'm babying them by giving several water sources because it's hot here. They love weeds and my greens so much!

Then back to the brooder for a dust bath in the freshly sifted hemp, zeolite, and First Saturday Lime. Large Marge, my Blue Crèvecœur, keeps her face in the camera.

F6431AA9-4F34-4EA3-A52E-6F2553942523.jpeg D31391A8-6DAB-4869-BDEA-4F9F26D531B4.jpeg

Amazing photos! They are so interesting and beautiful.
They Look like great photos to me! :celebrate

Thank you both!

Today everyone can finally use the high roost in the tractor and the horizontal nipple waterers. I'm babying them by giving several water sources because it's hot here. They love weeds and my greens so much!

Then back to the brooder for a dust bath in the freshly sifted hemp, zeolite, and First Saturday Lime. Large Marge, my Blue Crèvecœur, keeps her face in the camera.

View attachment 2170940View attachment 2170942

Aww, they’re so cute! I want the gray one. 😍

Back
Top Bottom