What did you do with your flock today?

I got 4 surprise chicks yesterday! 3 Polish and 1 sapphire gem. I put the polish chicks with Harriet, and so far everyone has been getting along great. I knew silkies were supposed to be some of the best mothers, but I didn’t expect Harriet to be this good with them, seeing as she isn’t broody.
I picked up another sapphire gem to keep the one I already have company, and they’re currently in one of my brooders.

I named the Polish chicks Phyllis, Toad, and Roach, and the sapphire gems are Geralt and Yennifer.
9D566C03-3894-451F-B06A-E6B06E650221.jpeg

1430B619-C5BA-40B8-9A69-76B835B1DD89.jpeg
9068B807-346D-41F4-B84E-3B4F4C3FE9B7.jpeg

I got 4 surprise chicks yesterday! 3 Polish and 1 sapphire gem. I put the polish chicks with Harriet, and so far everyone has been getting along great. I knew silkies were supposed to be some of the best mothers, but I didn’t expect Harriet to be this good with them, seeing as she isn’t broody.
I picked up another sapphire gem to keep the one I already have company, and they’re currently in one of my brooders.

I named the Polish chicks Phyllis, Toad, and Roach, and the sapphire gems are Geralt and Yennifer.
View attachment 2240563
View attachment 2240632View attachment 2240634
Congratulations!

My extra coop came in Friday, I guess they didn’t have a back order anymore? I’ve replaced my temporary stand with a treated wood one and built another for the new one. At six weeks my girls have quadrupled in size, so I’m glad it came early. The coop training is going really well, they were up BOTH the ramp and the ladder I made for the new on before I had the treat bowls in. I did feel a bit bad, because after I separated them and closed up the two coops a pair where calling to each other. They’ll be fine for one night.
FCB8FBF1-505C-4DB4-9B16-B445CAA4476D.jpeg

Ladder was off to the right waiting for the wood glue to dry, it’s made from a tree limb I trimed down.

I "cocknapped" Eclipse from his roost in the coop, brought him inside for some cuddles, and spoiled him with some cheerios.
He's so huge compared to the bantams!
Oh, and I also almost fell asleep on the deck with my precious guinea, Spook, attempting to feast upon my feet. Needless to say, I didn't like that very much, and so I instead cuddled him.

At least once a day I take Ebony veggie patch. The chickens live in the backyard, so they have access to the garden (they love to eat all my precious plants). There is a gate that leads to the patch. I don’t let them in there because 1, they’ll eat all my plants, and 2, there are tons of tool, screws, nails and rubbish, the patch also leads directly to the garage.

I put her down inside the bean teepee and she eats some weeds, and often my plants. My chickens call it favouritism, but it’s not their fault they squirm when I pick them up!

C4E13FEE-705A-4D54-AEE6-21DB65D9ABE6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom