What did you do with your flock today?

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?

Here are a few pictures of my birds.
View attachment 2128859View attachment 2128860View attachment 2128833View attachment 2128869
View attachment 2128894
Frankiedoodle! I feel like such a failure! Not only is just one of your pictures of your flock- the roo amazing but all of them are gorgeous! They are amazing photos and beautiful birds! I have to take more pics of my chicks! No doubt. The extreme heat here in Mississippi has kept us in and down but we are going to have a photo shoot very soon! I will be sure to post the picK4uchicks right here!

My big coop was where my turkey and my last remaining show chicken from last year lived. My small scoop was where my new birds and ducks were I switched them since the littles were moving to far from the coop the other turkey and chicken free range. well the bigs weren’t happy they had to move they stood by their old house all day. now I have my turkey ducks and big chicken in with all of my new birds(Brahmas, lavender Orpingtons, dark blue laced red wayandottes, speckled Sussex, and Ameraucanas) 😂here is a pair I’m planning on breeding can anyone guess the color results??
I have three Black/lavender split Orpingtons that I purchased from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. They are gorgeous healthy birds so far at ten weeks old but just food hogs that are very smart and mischievous. I would love some lavender ones if you breed them?

I discovered that Spook's father and auntie -- Moltres and Articuno, respectively -- have sadly been killed. I found a couple clumps of feathers near the driveway earlier, and they weren't in the coop last night.
Unfortunately, Spook is now the sole remaining guinea in my flock.
Other than that, what I did with my flock today consisted of spoiling Poppy, giving Zapraska a quick squeeze, and taking Spook with me on a walk. The precious darling follows me everywhere! He even waits for me to come outside to put the birds in for the night before he even thinks of going into the coop!

I’m so sorry for your losses. :hugs

Frankiedoodle! I feel like such a failure! Not only is just one of your pictures of your flock- the roo amazing but all of them are gorgeous! They are amazing photos and beautiful birds! I have to take more pics of my chicks! No doubt. The extreme heat here in Mississippi has kept us in and down but we are going to have a photo shoot very soon! I will be sure to post the picK4uchicks right here!

Thank you so much! I can’t wait to see your chick pics. :D

Arthur likes to help me pick raspberries, well i pick them and he eats them then uses me as a shelf to reaches the ones higher up.

Attachments

• 115714263_316943242772853_1183011423131573558_n.jpg
    115714263_316943242772853_1183011423131573558_n.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 112667815_306683833789123_4529447919847954901_n.jpg
    112667815_306683833789123_4529447919847954901_n.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
Thank you. I'm glad that I still have Spook -- he's a precious little thing, and I'm glad that he doesn't run off on his own like his daddy and auntie did. I hope to have him for a very long time to come.
How has your flock been?

He sounds like a sweetheart.

One of my girls passed away about a week ago, and I had a few get mites (nothing serious, I got it treated pretty quickly), but other than that they’ve been really good! How about yours?

Arthur likes to help me pick raspberries, well i pick them and he eats them then uses me as a shelf to reaches the ones higher up.

Aw, he’s adorable!

He sounds like a sweetheart.

One of my girls passed away about a week ago, and I had a few get mites (nothing serious, I got it treated pretty quickly), but other than that they’ve been really good! How about yours?

Aw, he’s adorable!
One the girls from my first batch -- which were ISA Browns -- Su, disappeared somewhere the other night and hasn't come back. I'm betting that whatever nabbed the guineas also nabbed her.
Other than the losses, the flock has been doing great. Eclipse has been practicing his foghorn crow, while Simnel has been practicing his squeaky toy crow.
Baba Yaga and Frau Pfefferkuchenhaus, the two chicks who Marshmallow hatched at the beginning of the month, are growing nicely, and have the most beautiful feathers coming in....
So, things are going good.
Sorry about your hen, and I hope that you can deal with the mites quickly.

One the girls from my first batch -- which were ISA Browns -- Su, disappeared somewhere the other night and hasn't come back. I'm betting that whatever nabbed the guineas also nabbed her.
Other than the losses, the flock has been doing great. Eclipse has been practicing his foghorn crow, while Simnel has been practicing his squeaky toy crow.
Baba Yaga and Frau Pfefferkuchenhaus, the two chicks who Marshmallow hatched at the beginning of the month, are growing nicely, and have the most beautiful feathers coming in....
So, things are going good.
Sorry about your hen, and I hope that you can deal with the mites quickly.

I hope you can find whatever has been taking your birds before you lose anymore.
I’m glad your flock has been doing good! I’ve always thought the first crows were really funny.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom