What did you do with your flock today?

K. That sounds super cute! I do hope you keep us posted. I've always thought repurposing a dresser to a brooder was very clever and charming. :love

Yes, it is hot and humid here in the summers... last summer I had a few day old chicks panting :/
Our summer temps and humidity here are similar to Hawaii (if not higher depending on exactly where you are)but without the island breeze. I can’t imagine trying to keep chicks alive in summer. I was having to set the brooder outside in the shade to keep it from over heating last week and it only April! I’ve decided that fall hatches would probably be much easier here

Our summer temps and humidity here are similar to Hawaii (if not higher depending on exactly where you are)but without the island breeze. I can’t imagine trying to keep chicks alive in summer. I was having to set the brooder outside in the shade to keep it from over heating last week and it only April! I’ve decided that fall hatches would probably be much easier here
Oh gosh, it is terrible. Well, to continue my whine, the part of the island that I am on does not catch the trades as well as others and... did you know that our trade have cut down 40% since the 80's?!!! We have variables and Kona's waaaay more than we used to. :(

I am absolutely grateful we top off at the low 90's and have outdoor showers plus an ocean close by to cool off in.

The plus side to hatching in the summer is you get POL in the winter. POL in peak heat is terrifying for me. But I am hooking up more fans to the solar and promised myself that this year I am Building a mobile coop and taking the chickens up Koke'e for the worst of the summer.

Well, I guessed and marked my calendar right lol :idunnoThis is what I spotted this morning. Very hopeful and excited to see what else she may be smuggling under those feathers. I am ready to do a monster hatch if this is what the littles may be. VERY HAPPY. Looks like a full D. Brahma and a Buff Brahma mix so far. :clap:ya:jumpy:jumpy
20210505_063220.jpg
20210505_063214.jpg

*** edit*** I spot more toes behind the dark which means another dark.... !!!

Well, I guessed and marked my calendar right lol :idunnoThis is what I spotted this morning. Very hopeful and excited to see what else she may be smuggling under those feathers. I am ready to do a monster hatch if this is what the littles may be. VERY HAPPY. Looks like a full D. Brahma and a Buff Brahma mix so far. :clap:ya:jumpy:jumpy
View attachment 2651015View attachment 2651014
Congratulations!

They are so cute!

I know right?!! Pass out the cigars!!!So much different when you are hoping certain breeds caught.
I also took in 5 red sex links last eve. Someone was selling on cl for a decent price and I grabbed for a/my new chicken friend as good young layers go REALLY quick around here. He is the one I sold the cockerels to and who has the fabulous place in God's country....
I go to town for my second poke tomorrow and will drop them off. Would not have minded keeping them so I could have let another rooster out of jail more gracefully. I will eventually get there... long game right?

I will do my very best to get the silkie to let me see what hatches in week :confused:Their nest is on floor. That coop is fort nox it is the only one with a floor rats cannot get in there :lau

Back
Top Bottom