What did you do with your flock today?

So glad to hear Honey is learning how things work
Might I ask what did she have ? hope it is nothing serious..
By the way I am up 27 head count killing rats
Thanks! I think she has kennel cough. From what I’ve read/what the vet said, it’s normally not serious, but one of my dogs is 14yo and has a really bad immune system. Poor guy is having a hard time. :(
Aloha kids!
@FrankieDoodle Gary is gorgeous and you should tell her I said so!!!
Love the name change. Over here, Honey Girl is a common name a guy calls his sweetheart. Honey sounds like home :love

Well the other week I installed an outdoor fan that was too big for the chicken coop, the day b4 yesterday I scrubbed a few rugs my dad left behind after it dried I got 2 outdoor chairs and a table out of storage and a scratching ottoman from up Koke'e and fixed my back lanai up for the kitties (and me), it used to be the dogs bedroom but they were too much for that space.
My belt sander just came in today so I will sand and clearcoat deck and plan to paint the table and chairs black, a piece of ply instead of the cow hide for sun protection. Quite the popular spot already. View attachment 2714966
And my coffee view
View attachment 2714957
I was cleaning the waterers yesterday and Mango was close to me blissfully surrounded by all the hens so I dashed to get my phone but, of course did not capture the moment but you get the idea.
View attachment 2714954
Such a fearless little girl.
Thank you! I’ll pass it on. :p
Aww, Honey Girl is so cute! I’ve been calling her Honey Bear, and a few people have called her Honey Bee. She’s certainly as sweet as honey! A bit clingy, but I don’t blame her.
That’s a beautiful view! I love how green everything is.
Mango looks very happy!
Okay this what I did for my chickens today got momma rat I am so pleased may make some headway now View attachment 2715999
Wow, she’s huge! Hopefully you won’t get as many rats now.

Aloha gang 🌴 :frow
Well, I picked up some T posts from an add on craigslist for cheap. There is my (easy and affordable) Koke'e chicken run! I'd love to say I am motivated and excited for my start but it is pretty hot and well... I will make a few moves to go forward but probably nothing too speedy. Think after I dump the green waste from the back of the truck I will grab the old trailer and wash it out. From there it is measure and cut. Easy, just gotta do it.
DH is off island so I am feeling a little captive by solo animal chores but truth is I don't have the cooking and cleaning chores so... non excuse, excuse lol, truth is i am just enjoying the critters too much.
Kittens are fabulous and just adore Batman. Mango is like a teenage girl around a Rockstar and just swoons. I think Bat is soaking it up and loves the company, little admirers plus the new cat space. Cat space helps me to keep a quick eye on everybody.

Chooks had slowed laying but sped up again :idunnowith no husband to feed I think I will put an add and maybe even fire up the incubator... I keep thinking about it... again.

Ok. Gotta go get feed ready. Have an awesome day all!!!

Aloha gang 🌴 :frow
Well, I picked up some T posts from an add on craigslist for cheap. There is my (easy and affordable) Koke'e chicken run! I'd love to say I am motivated and excited for my start but it is pretty hot and well... I will make a few moves to go forward but probably nothing too speedy. Think after I dump the green waste from the back of the truck I will grab the old trailer and wash it out. From there it is measure and cut. Easy, just gotta do it.
DH is off island so I am feeling a little captive by solo animal chores but truth is I don't have the cooking and cleaning chores so... non excuse, excuse lol, truth is i am just enjoying the critters too much.
Kittens are fabulous and just adore Batman. Mango is like a teenage girl around a Rockstar and just swoons. I think Bat is soaking it up and loves the company, little admirers plus the new cat space. Cat space helps me to keep a quick eye on everybody.

Chooks had slowed laying but sped up again :idunnowith no husband to feed I think I will put an add and maybe even fire up the incubator... I keep thinking about it... again.

Ok. Gotta go get feed ready. Have an awesome day all!!!
Best wishes on the run build!

I replaced a mist nozzle today and ordered a hose filter for the system. We start a 4 day heat wave today! Day 2 and 3 will be in the 109F and higher range.

Too Hot.jpg

It will be very hot!

Back
Top Bottom