What did you do with your flock today?

Thank you! :hugsIt’s been a tough go for sure.
I did not know you got sick. I am sorry, it must have been scary to say the least. I hope you are feeling better :hugs

I haven’t seen a single soul from my family in three years. Not one. We are not young & some of their lives are going sideways. You never know if you will get another opportunity & I wanted to see them. I went. I saw. I was careful. I washed so frequently I gave myself a rash. I was the only person in the stores that wore a mask. I got sick regardless.
I know there are still a few covid conspiracy people out there who don’t believe this thing is real, but most people are probably not setting out to purposely lie & contaminate others. Please try to be kind.
I think going to visit your family after not seeing them for 3 years is a lot different than just going on a vacation requiring you and your family to fly at least through 2 busy airports minimum. And if a body is to travel I think they should be vaccinated. It is also about not giving the virus to others.

Yeah, I have not seen my family either in a very long time. With distance, cost, animals and my husbands health issues we play it close to the vest but our kids are not coming to see us either and that is good. We all understand the real way to say I love you is by not traveling or getting themselves or others sick. You never know how it will effect another health wise or financially or who they may infect -though, my 94yo MIL is here from Oahu an she had to fly, that was a big decision for the family. Of course this we would not do until we were ALL able to be vaccinated. We all lay as low as possible and we waited till the numbers were down also. It was not just about our risk but will we do harm to others. It is a lot to consider and that is all I am saying- if you were telling me to be nice and all lol. Seeing all of these people with no masks as our numbers get higher after all we have done is not pleasant. Again, mad and sad. This is the most important discussion of our lifetimes (so far) and I am glad we can have it.

OK. Back to chickens. I put the 24 littles in the garden box for a day of fun. Everyone else had full yard access including Ivan and all was perfect and smooth. Wonderful. Bummer the temps are in the high 80s- low 90s but we had some good trades of 20-25 and that offset the humidity and heat.

K. Once again folks- stay and be well :love said with good vibes

Well that sounds pretty exciting @penny1960 . I hope you take us along on the adventure. With building materials still so expensive I'll forgive slow progress. I have a few things I'd like to build too but I am not even going to think about it yet. Not going to give in to these prices!

Well, the littles survived their first night without heat and without a peep even with a decent breeze yesterday. It will only get warmer for us for the next few months. They like their new digs so it is official that they will be staying down when I go back up later today. Nice they have room to grow into also nice to be able to give them big, once a day refill feeders and waters.

The Durasole came in yesterday but any and all signs of feet trouble have disappeared on my last check on Thursday. Unbelievably wonderful and I am thrilled so I will trade the horses almost empty one out for the new full bottle. This experiment is TBD.
My Main guy Spider did lose a spur. Must have been in the forest on or about Tuesday - Wednesday because I noticed it Thursday. A big black hole that I Neosporin-ed and wrapped.

K. gang, stay well, I will catch up with you when I catch up with you. 🌴 :frow

Back
Top Bottom