What did you do with your flock today?

Horse back riding on the beach in Kauai in the beautiful sun…SO envious! Is the horse yours? Your chickens look so happy and healthy too! Some day when I retire #retirementgoals!! 😍

I got home from vacation yesterday around 4:15 and went straight out to my chickens and hugged them haha. Brad’s crop issues are not better and might be a bit smellier like it’s getting sour 😞 I’m worried about her. She’s still got an appetite and pooping mostly normal. A bit softer but not alarming at all. Ms. Pretty’s face lump looks worse too. Ugh…I’m thinking it’s an abscess of some sort? She might be seeing the vet this week unless things change drastically with some hot compresses and chlorohexidine.

As for my lost quail…the one I lost was my not so easy going male silver celadon LD. :-( I’m really sad because he was a beautiful boy, but I’m also more okay with it than some others because he wasn’t the nicest boy and guarded the food from the others a lot. I haven’t been able to do a full count yet, so tired and jet lagged…but they all seem okay despite the issues from escaping and being put in the wrong coops! R.I.P. LD…you were a handsome boy and I will miss you. 😞❤️
Welcome home!!! It must be great to exit the back door to your loving flock after so much intense humankind. 😳 total yikes! At least with poultry ya know what they are thinking. Food. lol

Everytime I see your girl I think spider bite. K probably totally off (again...?!! eh 🤷‍♀️) but I can not think of what else it could be... wasp? Poor girl what ever it is ♡♡♡ So sorry for your worry. And so sorry for your loss. He was handsome if nothing else as snotty ones always seem to be... hehehe!
Well, good you got your time away so you have new energy and perspective and can tackle your big (little) problems right after your long nap ♡ :hugs glad your back. We missed you.
*** yes, Cisco is our beautiful boy and not bad for anybody's #todos
54100.jpeg

Welcome home!!! It must be great to exit the back door to your loving flock after so much intense humankind. 😳 total yikes! At least with poultry ya know what they are thinking. Food. lol

Everytime I see your girl I think spider bite. K probably totally off (again...?!! eh 🤷‍♀️) but I can not think of what else it could be... wasp? Poor girl what ever it is ♡♡♡ So sorry for your worry. And so sorry for your loss. He was handsome if nothing else as snotty ones always seem to be... hehehe!
Well, good you got your time away so you have new energy and perspective and can tackle your big (little) problems right after your long nap ♡ :hugs glad your back. We missed you.
*** yes, Cisco is our beautiful boy and not bad for anybody's #todosView attachment 2912310
Ahhh he’s a handsome boy! 😍

Yes I’m very much enjoying quiet at home time today. Might go sit with the chickens again after a nap. I’m so tired!

Yeah the prettiest ones are almost always the biggest butts! He wasn’t as violent as a couple males I’ve had, but he also was not a mellow and easy going male! I’m sad his end had to come that way…but glad it wasn’t one of my hens.

I’m getting more concerned for Ms Pretty now. I did a more thorough inspection of her lumps. She has at least 8 of them and they’re all around her face and I found two larger and more advanced lumps on her neck 😣😢😣 I’m worried they are follicle cysts since they showed up after the molt. And cysts must be surgically removed and I can’t imagine that’s possible on her face :-( Especially at a reasonable cost. I will be taking her to see the vet asap but I’m not feeling very good about what she will say :-( she’s such a pretty girl and so sweet. Skittish but sweet :-( I feel so bad for her…😢😢

Attachments

• A16441E6-814E-4497-9BE5-7BAA6A2AE44F.jpeg
    A16441E6-814E-4497-9BE5-7BAA6A2AE44F.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1B3EB62B-286E-4AB2-B0A7-BD5F3AC7E0B5.jpeg
    1B3EB62B-286E-4AB2-B0A7-BD5F3AC7E0B5.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 86941359-A782-4C27-B076-BD0042E41DB1.jpeg
    86941359-A782-4C27-B076-BD0042E41DB1.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 0F9D87DD-93B2-4045-89CE-23B9A2A3206C.jpeg
    0F9D87DD-93B2-4045-89CE-23B9A2A3206C.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 2
Ahhh he’s a handsome boy! 😍

Yes I’m very much enjoying quiet at home time today. Might go sit with the chickens again after a nap. I’m so tired!

Yeah the prettiest ones are almost always the biggest butts! He wasn’t as violent as a couple males I’ve had, but he also was not a mellow and easy going male! I’m sad his end had to come that way…but glad it wasn’t one of my hens.

I’m getting more concerned for Ms Pretty now. I did a more thorough inspection of her lumps. She has at least 8 of them and they’re all around her face and I found two larger and more advanced lumps on her neck 😣😢😣 I’m worried they are follicle cysts since they showed up after the molt. And cysts must be surgically removed and I can’t imagine that’s possible on her face :-( Especially at a reasonable cost. I will be taking her to see the vet asap but I’m not feeling very good about what she will say :-( she’s such a pretty girl and so sweet. Skittish but sweet :-( I feel so bad for her…😢😢
Poor girl, that looks awful. I hope the vet is able to help.

Sorry about your quail. : (

Poor girl, that looks awful. I hope the vet is able to help.

Sorry about your quail. : (
I know, looks far worse than it apparently feels as she doesn’t seem to care much at all about them :-( Brad’s crop seems quite a bit smaller today after some probiotics and scrambled eggs with olive oil and massage. I discovered a sore on her extended crop where I’m assuming she cut it trying to get up to her roost bar. I put some antiseptic on it and she promptly ripped the scab off and exposed a giant hole in her skin 🤦🏼‍♀️ So I kept her inside in a crate last night to make sure it stayed clean while it rehealed and she seems better today. She spent a LOT of time last night adjusting her crop, so I’m hoping it means she’s managed to push some of the blockage away. She’s such a sweet chicken, I hate seeing her miserable.

As for the quail, thank you. I’m sad about them too. I am mainly sad I lost my best laying hen from my first hatch. The others I was less attached to :-( oh well, there’s not a lot I can do about it now.

Spent this morning and the last hour of sunlight with them today. I have missed them! Betty is still broody and really mad at me for closing off the coop. I’m hoping that she will give up after a couple more days. She’s eating and drinking but she takes out her frustrations on the younger chickens and chases them. Sort of like a grumpy kid 😆

On 12/4, all my younger chickens will be 5 months old and still not a single egg from any of them! And Charlie and Fuzzy will be 8 months old and no eggs from them! At this point I am thinking they’re all just freeloading pets. Betty hasn’t laid an egg in almost a month…blah!

Anyway, another Monday is near the end and I’m grateful for that! Hoping ianother nights sleep shakes off the jet lag too, I’m tired! :)

Hope you all had a lovely day!!

This is banty coop now it is all walkable. Also I have scrape tables in main coop so the Son went and took photos for me of the peeps up there growing nicley .. Looks like one, partridge one white and one grey. A black that may have polish in the woodpile. Also the frizzle.
009.jpg
007.jpg
004.jpg

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom