What did you do with your flock today?

Arbor is done! Chickens got grounded to the run and garden ALL day as I had to take kittens to the vets and did not surcome to chicken mind tricks to let them out. Poor things. Pretty darn cool and I like it a lot. I had DH cap off the rails and they work great holding items like water containers to and from. Even installed 2 brass pig apron hooks.
20211203_103201.jpg

On the super crappy and personal side of things... mom is in ICU with covid and things look bad. She had her 2 shots but had underlying conditions I am not so sure she knew about. Her child caretaker gave I to her thinking he only had a cold. It seems like it is costing her her life now.
I got my 3rd booster yesterday as planned and have been a bit slow as it makes me feel a little crummy. Just kind of a rough couple days.
Super grateful I have wonderful chickens and kittens and husband to bring me so much love and joy.

Arbor is done! Chickens got grounded to the run and garden ALL day as I had to take kittens to the vets and did not surcome to chicken mind tricks to let them out. Poor things. Pretty darn cool and I like it a lot. I had DH cap off the rails and they work great holding items like water containers to and from. Even installed 2 brass pig apron hooks.View attachment 2917903
Looks awesome!! Such a nice set up, your chickies are lucky!

On the super crappy and personal side of things... mom is in ICU with covid and things look bad. She had her 2 shots but had underlying conditions I am not so sure she knew about. Her child caretaker gave I to her thinking he only had a cold. It seems like it is costing her her life now.
I got my 3rd booster yesterday as planned and have been a bit slow as it makes me feel a little crummy. Just kind of a rough couple days.
Super grateful I have wonderful chickens and kittens and husband to bring me so much love and joy.
Oh no, I am so sad to hear this. I will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers. It’s good you have gotten the booster, and have lots of support and love at home. Hopefully she’s able to fight it. Hugs ❤️

Oh no, I am so sad to hear this. I will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers. It’s good you have gotten the booster, and have lots of support and love at home. Hopefully she’s able to fight it. Hugs ❤️
Thanks @kurby22 . I appreciate that and it does help to have kind words and thoughts from kind people.
I guess I am just a bit in shock because she was so careful. It just took 1 thoughtless moment to take her out. Kind of what many fear. I hate that she has suffered so. Well, she has good care in the hospital now but a long hard road and a grim outlook.

Thanks @kurby22 . I appreciate that and it does help to have kind words and thoughts from kind people.
I guess I am just a bit in shock because she was so careful. It just took 1 thoughtless moment to take her out. Kind of what many fear. I hate that she has suffered so. Well, she has good care in the hospital now but a long hard road and a grim outlook.
Yeah this virus is a weird one and it sounds like your mom is exactly the type of person we were all supposed to be quarantined in order to protect from this nasty thing. :-( I’m so sorry 😞

Arbor is done! Chickens got grounded to the run and garden ALL day as I had to take kittens to the vets and did not surcome to chicken mind tricks to let them out. Poor things. Pretty darn cool and I like it a lot. I had DH cap off the rails and they work great holding items like water containers to and from. Even installed 2 brass pig apron hooks.View attachment 2917903
It looks great!
That’s awful, I’m so sorry you’re going through that. :hugs

I am so sorry We are so careful that way .. Have no caregivers coming in either .. Humans can be so stupid.

Back
Top Bottom