What did you do with your flock today?

Well, good and bad.
Yesterday she was able to tell the doc she wanted to be resuscitated. That meant if she went to far down they would intubate her and she would go through a big ordeal to have maybe 10% and a horrible life quality if she made it out. Her kindeys are failing, heart, etc. Bad.
But last eve she was able to tell the night nurse she wanted the DNR after all. This way they will make her comfortable, let her have visitors etc.
She is on full blast of everything they can give her and she is maintaining her numbers. Lots of resting. I got a call through yesterday but today she was sleeping. I'll try again later.

Thank you for keeping us in your good thoughts. You are a real sweetheart ♡♡♡
God is with her to recover !
He IS handsome PJ. So glad to hear what a wonderful boy he is. ♡♡♡ nothing better than a fine boy chicken.
Thank you !

I lost Coco today. She was acting a lot better last night, but this morning I had to bring her back in, and by that point it was already too late. I feel awful. I should’ve gone out there a lot more than I did.
And of course she was one of my favorites. :(
I am so sorry fd. That has got to hurt :hugs:hugs:hugs but NOT your fault. She was a beautiful, delicate and fragile chicken. You gave her a fabulous life and the title of favorite ♡♡♡ what more could a chicken hope for? You are a fantastic chicken keeper and always go above and beyond. I'm glad she had you to be her people. ♡♡♡

I lost Coco today. She was acting a lot better last night, but this morning I had to bring her back in, and by that point it was already too late. I feel awful. I should’ve gone out there a lot more than I did.
I am so sorry :hugs

Well, good and bad.
Yesterday she was able to tell the doc she wanted to be resuscitated. That meant if she went to far down they would intubate her and she would go through a big ordeal to have maybe 10% and a horrible life quality if she made it out. Her kindeys are failing, heart, etc. Bad.
But last eve she was able to tell the night nurse she wanted the DNR after all. This way they will make her comfortable, let her have visitors etc.
She is on full blast of everything they can give her and she is maintaining her numbers. Lots of resting. I got a call through yesterday but today she was sleeping. I'll try again later.

Thank you for keeping us in your good thoughts. You are a real sweetheart ♡♡♡
Oh I’m so very sorry 😞 I hope she is able to go with as little pain as possible. Your situation is the exact reason we stayed home for two years and wear our masks…not for ourselves but for people like your mom. Breaks my heart it had happen at all. Hug those sweet baby kitties and let your DH take care of you! ❤️

Oh no!! This is such sad news too! Isn’t December supposed to be filled with joy and cheer? I’m so sorry you lost your Coco. I’m sure you did all you could for her, it’s so hard when they can’t tell you what’s wrong! It is always the favorites, I think it’s because we are drawn to their softer more gentle souls that are more fragile in this world. Hugs to you! Losing any of our babies or family hurts so much. ❤️

Thank you for all the kind words. :hugs It’s hard because she was still so young. : (
I’m looking into the possibility of fowlpox. Two of the SFs had/have black scabs that don’t look like peck marks on their faces, and even though I read FP doesn’t usually kill them, she was going through a hard molt so that might’ve weakened her immune system. I’m going to be keeping a close eye on the other two.
I am so sorry fd. That has got to hurt :hugs:hugs:hugs but NOT your fault. She was a beautiful, delicate and fragile chicken. You gave her a fabulous life and the title of favorite ♡♡♡ what more could a chicken hope for? You are a fantastic chicken keeper and always go above and beyond. I'm glad she had you to be her people. ♡♡♡
Thank you Tropical, this made me tear up a bit. :hugs
I am so sorry :hugs
❤️
Oh no!! This is such sad news too! Isn’t December supposed to be filled with joy and cheer? I’m so sorry you lost your Coco. I’m sure you did all you could for her, it’s so hard when they can’t tell you what’s wrong! It is always the favorites, I think it’s because we are drawn to their softer more gentle souls that are more fragile in this world. Hugs to you! Losing any of our babies or family hurts so much. ❤️
It really is always the favorites, isn’t it? I’ve tried to avoid picking favorites for this exact reason, but when they all have their own little personalities and quirks, it makes it hard.

She was the one that always yelled at me whenever I went out there. Their coop is so quiet now. : (

Thank you for all the kind words. :hugs It’s hard because she was still so young. : (
I’m looking into the possibility of fowlpox. Two of the SFs had/have black scabs that don’t look like peck marks on their faces, and even though I read FP doesn’t usually kill them, she was going through a hard molt so that might’ve weakened her immune system. I’m going to be keeping a close eye on the other two.

Thank you Tropical, this made me tear up a bit. :hugs

❤️

It really is always the favorites, isn’t it? I’ve tried to avoid picking favorites for this exact reason, but when they all have their own little personalities and quirks, it makes it hard.

She was the one that always yelled at me whenever I went out there. Their coop is so quiet now. : (
That makes it even harder when it’s noticeably quiet :-( FP can probably be a tough virus to fight during a hard molt. Ms. Pretty is looking better with less lumps, but she’s still very puffed up and acting like she doesn’t feel super. Brad’s crop is still blocked and nothing seems to be helping. You losing Coco has me more worried about them…I so wish they could tell you what’s wrong :-( I don’t know what else I can do for them…blah.

You can see in this picture that Brad’s crop is too big…😩

Attachments

• 263560D6-4FCE-49C5-86AC-C75E898170E4.jpeg
    263560D6-4FCE-49C5-86AC-C75E898170E4.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 1
  • D1F4EA69-FABB-44C9-A4F6-2ED991E603CD.jpeg
    D1F4EA69-FABB-44C9-A4F6-2ED991E603CD.jpeg
    659 KB · Views: 1
That makes it even harder when it’s noticeably quiet :-( FP can probably be a tough virus to fight during a hard molt. Ms. Pretty is looking better with less lumps, but she’s still very puffed up and acting like she doesn’t feel super. Brad’s crop is still blocked and nothing seems to be helping. You losing Coco has me more worried about them…I so wish they could tell you what’s wrong :-( I don’t know what else I can do for them…blah.

You can see in this picture that Brad’s crop is too big…😩
Oh no! Fingers crossed they all feel better soon. :fl

Back
Top Bottom