What did you do with your flock today?

Puglsy all 16lbs of him is at the vet clinic getting his gonads removed .. Put a muzzle on the brat so he could not bite them. He will be home this afternoon.
008.jpg

I don’t remember when I was last on here, so I’m sure I missed a lot. I was planning on catching up yesterday, and updating the thread on my babies, but I forgot. They’ve been going outside for the past two days, and they’re loving it. I think their favorite part about being outside is sleeping on my shoulder. They’ve wanted on there since they first realized they were allowed to climb on my arms.

I lost Papa Smurf today. I don’t know what happened. She was completely fine all day, but suddenly she was just dead. From what I heard (I didn’t go out to look) she wasn’t attacked or anything, and there wasn’t a single feather out of place. Mom found a slight prolapse, but I’ve had a lot of birds prolapse before with no issues, so idk.
I thought it was rat poisoning at first, but after some research I don’t think that would be likely. She wasn’t a tiny bird (4lbs) so it would’ve had to be a larger dose, and I’d imagine I would’ve seen signs before hand.
She was about 2 1/2yo, so I guess she was right around the heart attack age. I hate that I’ll never know what happened. : (

That’s the third bird I’ve lost in a little less than two months. It’ll be four when I eventually have to rehome Sonny. This year sucks.

I don’t remember when I was last on here, so I’m sure I missed a lot. I was planning on catching up yesterday, and updating the thread on my babies, but I forgot. They’ve been going outside for the past two days, and they’re loving it. I think their favorite part about being outside is sleeping on my shoulder. They’ve wanted on there since they first realized they were allowed to climb on my arms.

I lost Papa Smurf today. I don’t know what happened. She was completely fine all day, but suddenly she was just dead. From what I heard (I didn’t go out to look) she wasn’t attacked or anything, and there wasn’t a single feather out of place. Mom found a slight prolapse, but I’ve had a lot of birds prolapse before with no issues, so idk.
I thought it was rat poisoning at first, but after some research I don’t think that would be likely. She wasn’t a tiny bird (4lbs) so it would’ve had to be a larger dose, and I’d imagine I would’ve seen signs before hand.
She was about 2 1/2yo, so I guess she was right around the heart attack age. I hate that I’ll never know what happened. : (

That’s the third bird I’ve lost in a little less than two months. It’ll be four when I eventually have to rehome Sonny. This year sucks.
Oh I’m so sorry 😢 Papa Smurf was just so adorable 😢 I so feel for you about chicken losses, it really does suck! I’ve learned a lot of sad lessons about chickens this year…the worst being how fleeting some of their lives are…and how much it hurts to lose them :-( I’m glad you have the little chickens you made so you always have a way to remember her ❤️

Back
Top Bottom