What did you do with your flock today?

Okay so did do eggs but mine are marans and sex links
001.jpg

They do look happy! Mine are quite happy today too! It's blue skies and sunny out and all the big ladies and the silkies are laying! Only ones that haven't laid yet are the Brad Pack ladies, but they're thinking about it...I've seen all of them in the boxes and sometimes they just hang out in the coop while one of the hens is laying. They are very curious about the whole process! :)

I only have cameras in the run and big coop so I don’t know who is laying in the small coop…it’s very annoying 😆 I also bought something that’s totally unnecessary but so fun (and might actually be useful too!). I like giving them scratch to peck at, but I also want to avoid having them pecking the wet muddy ground when it’s rained. Might just end up being a bantam roost, but we’ll see! It wasn’t terribly pricey 😁

And lastly, a pic of Miyuki saying “Are you done with work yet? I’m bored!” 😆

Attachments

• D6242E86-F234-4F22-8F41-6AC32FAF95E1.jpeg
    D6242E86-F234-4F22-8F41-6AC32FAF95E1.jpeg
    645.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 9D000396-1324-4F3F-B580-0BCDDBA9A1BD.jpeg
    9D000396-1324-4F3F-B580-0BCDDBA9A1BD.jpeg
    774.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 8FC79B1A-067F-446D-90E3-E46AFD9A8BEC.jpeg
    8FC79B1A-067F-446D-90E3-E46AFD9A8BEC.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 2
@FrankieDoodle I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your loved Papa Smurf. That is a big hit. I hope you are doing OK ♡
So sorry for your loss. :hugs
Thank you both!
My two sick birds on the mend. Glad for my vitamins!View attachment 2972222View attachment 2972223View attachment 2972226View attachment 2972228
He is still signaling that he is not well with his tail. Gunna switch up his care with a de-worm and then pro biotics.
I’m so glad to hear they’re doing better!
I love all of your birds so much! Especially your roos and Brahmas. ❤️

Only ones that haven't laid yet are the Brad Pack ladies, but they're thinking about it...I've seen all of them in the boxes and sometimes they just hang out in the coop while one of the hens is laying. They are very curious about the whole process! :)
My EEs do this a lot...hang out in the reds' coop in the mornings...like they're trying to figure out what the heck the reds are doing in the nesting boxes.
So frigging cute!

After our 64° day (what now feels like eons ago) that we all enjoyed so much, this morning is "16°, feels like 9°". Needless to say, I'm not in a rush to go let everyone out this morning. Finish the coffee...then brave the cold. Thank goodness for thermal overalls!!!!

Update: i just went out to collect eggs and found a "full house" in one set of nesting boxes:
20220126_091435.jpg

And one lady who is either confused or antisocial in the other set:
20220126_091447.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed (when reviewing the "full house" photo above) that it appears the middle lady has a too-short beak. Broken? Just an odd angle of the photo? I'll have to keep an eye out. With 16 birds that all look very similar, it'll be a challenge to see if I can spot her again this morning.

After our 64° day (what now feels like eons ago) that we all enjoyed so much, this morning is "16°, feels like 9°". Needless to say, I'm not in a rush to go let everyone out this morning. Finish the coffee...then brave the cold. Thank goodness for thermal overalls!!!!

Update: i just went out to collect eggs and found a "full house" in one set of nesting boxes:
View attachment 2973222

And one lady who is either confused or antisocial in the other set:
View attachment 2973224
Hehehe I love it! She might definitely be confused 😆 I used to feel so envious of people living in places where it gets super cold and snowy…but being on BYC has made me appreciate my lows in the mid 30s and highs in the mid 50s with sun. I will try to appreciate it more now 😆

Only ones that haven't laid yet are the Brad Pack ladies, but they're thinking about it...I've seen all of them in the boxes and sometimes they just hang out in the coop while one of the hens is laying.
Just my favorite ♡♡♡ new layers never get old.
Soooooooo cute! 😍😍😍

Back
Top Bottom