What did you do with your flock today?

@kurby that is not too big and it is awfully cute! Looks pretty good on gas...what does it get? I lub it! Nice color 😍 congrats!

@alexanye I feel your lonely roo pain. I have one that only gets alternate outside visits. Feel so bad for him, so handsome and amorous and so #2.

@Bonkerelli how are you treating your scale leg mites? Congrats on the new boy!

@BigDaveChickenLord hehehe. Have fun with the scary broads lol

Well, we are expected to get some wild, wet weather for the next few days. Yippee! I got spashed on this mornings walk and it felt terrific. Been so dry for so long I'm looking forward to being chicken dust free for a few days.
Well, time to let the flock out to terrorize. Have a great day all.

Thanks. I had him for several months but realized his legs looked weird though didn't think anything of it. Yesterday I realized what it was since it's progressed. First I soaked his legs in warm water and scrubbed them. Made a paste of DE and scrubbed it into the scales of his legs. I'm going to do an olive oil treatment next. I can't use chemicals because I have chemical allergies. Poor buddy.

@alexanye I feel your lonely roo pain. I have one that only gets alternate outside visits. Feel so bad for him, so handsome and amorous and so #2.
Hopefully he'll have some girls again soon. I edited my response and accidentally deleted the part I typed.

Anyway. He is a RIR and he only had 3 hens. He was a surprise from a pulled run, so we weren't prepared for him hen wise. He was nice to his girls, just too hard on their backs because of how thick and stocky he is. They had to be separated until the Littles we have are grown enough to take his weight.

He still needs a name. We're going with a general or commander theme. Basically just people who have been in positions of power over the military, not from anywhere specific. So far we have 2 presidents. Teddy, my barred rock mix, and Richard who is a barred rock. I have one more rooster, but we don't talk about him because he won’t be here much longer. He's aggressive with hens, me, my dogs, and literally anything else tbay comes near him. He's not a happy bird, his existence seems miserable because he's always angry no matter what.

Last edited:
Thanks. I had him for several months but realized his legs looked weird though didn't think anything of it. Yesterday I realized what it was since it's progressed. First I soaked his legs in warm water and scrubbed them. Made a paste of DE and scrubbed it into the scales of his legs. I'm going to do an olive oil treatment next. I can't use chemicals because I have chemical allergies. Poor buddy.
I'd love it if you kept us updated with treatment and progress. Can you take a photo of him and his legs? I'd love to see your new boy and also have a marker for the leg scale mites.
I've been looking at my #1 boy thinking his legs look suspect and think I will use your treatment plan 😉 so thank you for that!

Hopefully he'll have some girls again soon. I edited my response and accidentally deleted the part I typed.

Anyway. He is a RIR and he only had 3 hens. He was a surprise from a pulled run, so we weren't prepared for him hen wise. He was nice to his girls, just too hard on their backs because of how thick and stocky he is. They had to be separated until the Littles we have are grown enough to take his weight.

He still needs a name. We're going with a general or commander theme. Basically just people who have been in positions of power over the military, not from anywhere specific. So far we have 2 presidents. Teddy, my barred rock mix, and Richard who is a barred rock. I have one more rooster, but we don't talk about him because he won’t be here much longer. He's aggressive with hens, me, my dogs, and literally anything else tbay comes near him. He's not a happy bird, his existence seems miserable because he's always angry no matter what.
He sounds gorgeous. I'm sure his name will come. ♡
William Taft popped in my head for some reason. Cool name and follows your theme. He also looks like a rooster... lol

Last edited:
@kurby that is not too big and it is awfully cute! Looks pretty good on gas...what does it get? I lub it! Nice color 😍 congrats!

@BigDaveChickenLord hehehe. Have fun with the scary broads lol

Well, we are expected to get some wild, wet weather for the next few days. Yippee! I got spashed on this mornings walk and it felt terrific. Been so dry for so long I'm looking forward to being chicken dust free for a few days.
Well, time to let the flock out to terrorize. Have a great day all.
Thanks! Yeah, for a 3 row vehicle it’s not overly huge! I’m very happy about that! It gets 20 city/24 highway so cid be better given gas prices! But not terrible considering everything. I love the color too! 😍

We are going to be breaking out the swimsuits this week, speaking of splashing! You all need the rain super bad…so I’m happy for you! I on the other hand, am very sad 😩😩😩 this is the weather for the week 🥵🥵🥵

2E06742C-BA28-431F-A664-D7D7CE5AC5F2.jpeg

I'd love it if you kept us updated with treatment and progress. Can you take a photo of him and his legs? I'd love to see your new boy and also have a marker for the leg scale mites.
I've been looking at my #1 boy thinking his legs look suspect and think I will use your treatment plan 😉 so thank you for that!
Sure, I'll do that later today. The mites are advanced and wished I caught it earlier. Overall he isn't having trouble walking and he doesn't have any body mites.

Thanks! Yeah, for a 3 row vehicle it’s not overly huge! I’m very happy about that! It gets 20 city/24 highway so cid be better given gas prices! But not terrible considering everything. I love the color too! 😍

We are going to be breaking out the swimsuits this week, speaking of splashing! You all need the rain super bad…so I’m happy for you! I on the other hand, am very sad 😩😩😩 this is the weather for the week 🥵🥵🥵

View attachment 3110703
Oh gosh it makes me so sad to see those #s. I know many people look forward to summer... I'm just not one lol. Well, I do plan on going up Koke'e... and will have my gas saver in a bit-being purchased this week, then stored at step daughters house on Oahu, then we crate Lucy (my pink scooter 😭) and ship her to Oahu to thank step daughter for her efforts, then use crate to ship my bike back... well, that is the potential plan- so maybe have it in a month or so... 🧘‍♀️ Om mani padme hum

Back
Top Bottom