What did you do with your flock today?

I was just texting my gal pal -who has to crawl under her house to find the hidden nest- photos of the tree nest and the onto the shed nest. Chickens are creative to say the least.
My Nana told my that when my dad and aunt were kids they had over 100 Rhode Island Reds. She said eggs were everywhere and soon.. chicks were everywhere as well. When something underneath the house needed to be fixed, they hired a handy man. Apparently in the crawl space there was hundreds of rotten eggs! And the handy man couldn't help but pop them as he crawled under the house!

My Nana told my that when my dad and aunt were kids they had over 100 Rhode Island Reds. She said eggs were everywhere and soon.. chicks were everywhere as well. When something underneath the house needed to be fixed, they hired a handy man. Apparently in the crawl space there was hundreds of rotten eggs! And the handy man couldn't help but pop them as he crawled under the house!
Poor guy. I bet he thought real hard about his bill and or if he was gunna answer their call again. Must have been brutal.. 😱

Haven’t done it yet but todays plans….get the coop finished! These guys are escaping. No matter what I do. Luckily they are staying by their brooder. If they venture too far out I worry about the dogs. Even though they are in their kennels at night. The next room is where they dogs are and one is kinda by the doorway. Really I think if anything they would scare the chick and I would hear both girls barking.

Luckily we aren’t too far from being done but my husband injured himself REALLY good, in my opinion not his, last time we worked on it. But he has healed some and he is stubborn.

@kurby22 you sure know how to have some fun! What an absolute treat- all of it! Looking forward to photos and report when you return to your normal routine 🙄😋😂

@ChicksnMore stunning as always! :love Such the beautiful farm/circus/zoo.
I hope your family time is very enjoyable, safe, happy.

Me? @ the clinic waiting for dh to get his stint out. Seems like we are at the end of this movie- yippee!!

Starting to form my mountain getaway plan, then rethink my mountain getaway plan and then scratch my mountain getaway plan. It looks like they will not be having THE BIG firework show at the park a block away and that relaxes my timing and can push my plan back. (less a warzone, but still a warzone ☹) Which is good 👍 as I'm all for moving it back, waiting longer and staying later.

Still doing the back and forth in my head about splitting my flock for the adventure... half up and half down and what I may gain vs what unwanted dynamics I may add.
Sounds like things are improving for your dh...so glad!
A mountain get away sounds amazing! I can't imagine having a big fireworks show that close to my home...I can imagine how crazy it must get though. Especially with animals to care for. Hope your fourth goes well!
Egg hunting... again. Least I found 2 outta the 12 missing from this week.
Are you going to try the bright pink tutu's for your girls to help you spot them? If you do, we want pics! 😀😍🤣🤗
Haven’t done it yet but todays plans….get the coop finished! These guys are escaping. No matter what I do. Luckily they are staying by their brooder. If they venture too far out I worry about the dogs. Even though they are in their kennels at night. The next room is where they dogs are and one is kinda by the doorway. Really I think if anything they would scare the chick and I would hear both girls barking.

Luckily we aren’t too far from being done but my husband injured himself REALLY good, in my opinion not his, last time we worked on it. But he has healed some and he is stubborn.
Glad you're nearly done and hope hubby heals well.

I'm waiting for everyone to be ready for todays outting. We got a good downpour finally yesterday so the world feels fresh and clean today. 😀

The toads are all calling for mates now...this little guy has claimed our pond ands been yelling for the ladies to come join him.
Resized_20220701_212930.jpeg

And here's my oldest treating some of the ducks to some pond time in the rain.
20210724_090955.jpg

LOVE the tutu ♥︎
Love the new coop!! Most exciting 😄!!!
Just love your zoo @ChicksnMore I could wander all day, everyday. So glad you have helpful family close by. I'm sure it is a lot of work to keep all that beauty well cared for.

Yestermorn was wash the ponies so I could put the 1 new fly mask I purchased on lol. Then we played "who wore it bettter" with Cisco and Hombre.
20220702_111054.jpg
20220702_111223.jpg

Looking like Zoolander blue steal posing lol. Yes, I ordered 2 more as their other fly masks are beat.

I let Beetlejuice out with the flock. Been wondering and worrying about doing my intro of him right, as I want him to be perfect and all to be perfect so I can keep 2 roos harmoniously 😂. Being I will go up the mountain soon I had options and choices... I just decided to try and it went well so I opened BJ's door a little earlier today. I'm pretty happy about what is going on. He is a keeper (so far)

Finished yesterday with big hedge trim and clean. Our community did a big beautiful block party at the community center instead of the fireworks that we have traditionally done for a decade + and they had terrific live music that we easily heard while working. I'm am SOOO darn happy with this shift. I hope it was wildly successful and will be repeated every 4th as food and blow up party rentals for the kids and families seems SOOO much better than terrorizing our animals and neighborhood. Don't get me wrong. Not all is quiet. People are letting off plenty fireworks at the beach- not legal yet, but no enforcement- and dog, after being medicated and thunder vested is still sleeping on top of our heads shaking in the late and early hours. Tonight I take him up to spend just a few nights and days. Poor baby Elliott.
20220702_231333.jpg

Obviously neither dh or I OR Elliott slept well last night or the night b4
20220702_231442.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom