What did you do with your flock today?

Oh! And little miss blue egg figured it out!
Maybe 2 blue layers?!! So nice to have color again ♡♡♡
Stay blue egg was found in the planter.... so not sure when laid.
88161.jpeg
Yesterdays☝Today's 👇
88330.jpeg

@FBMcrazy8 so... you think they are rubbing up against something and that would be the grey coloring?
You can always get a fecal float for about $25+ for your chooks.
I do. There is a metal rod like thing that sets in the middle of the feeder, it came with it on, and I seen her do it and the RIR or New Hampshire Red (not sure which she is) has it has well. But the other girls don’t have it. I’m wondering if when that metal gets hot, it’s causing it to almost like burn it. I did take it off today, went right out of the coop. I honestly don’t even know what the purpose of it is. I also got them some electrolytes today.

I want to give them dewormer but I just don’t think it will go well. Some just won’t eat from me and others will but if another takes it from them (like on a small piece of bread) than one may not be treated and another may get too much. I just need to figure out how to do it.

I do. There is a metal rod like thing that sets in the middle of the feeder, it came with it on, and I seen her do it and the RIR or New Hampshire Red (not sure which she is) has it has well. But the other girls don’t have it. I’m wondering if when that metal gets hot, it’s causing it to almost like burn it. I did take it off today, went right out of the coop. I honestly don’t even know what the purpose of it is. I also got them some electrolytes today.

I want to give them dewormer but I just don’t think it will go well. Some just won’t eat from me and others will but if another takes it from them (like on a small piece of bread) than one may not be treated and another may get too much. I just need to figure out how to do it.
That is super crazy and cool that you figured it out. Like a chicken detective! 😂 Bravo!

Well, you probably have time, maybe do the fecal float with the vet. I like to do mine right b4 point of lay so I don't have to do egg withdrawal.

That is super crazy and cool that you figured it out. Like a chicken detective! 😂 Bravo!

Well, you probably have time, maybe do the fecal float with the vet. I like to do mine right b4 point of lay so I don't have to do egg withdrawal.
Lol I don’t know about that! I could be wrong. I just seen how much and how her head went down and her comb touched it. I’m hoping I’m right but I know have stuff for lice, mites, and worms. I’m for sure ready to go if I notice ANY difference or something comes up. But she is still acting normal and running to the door and following me around.

I have that feeder trough as well...I was wondering yesterday if it is only for chicks because of that rod.
Cuz u r right the bigger ones do hit it and rub up and down on it and that's gotta hurt over time!
I have it in my bachelor coop and the way he gorged himself when I let him in the run yesterday late makes me think he's not even eating out of it anymore...then I looked and it was upside down!

I have that feeder trough as well...I was wondering yesterday if it is only for chicks because of that rod.
Cuz u r right the bigger ones do hit it and rub up and down on it and that's gotta hurt over time!
I have it in my bachelor coop and the way he gorged himself when I let him in the run yesterday late makes me think he's not even eating out of it anymore...then I looked and it was upside down!
I have seen reviews where they have it in the middle and grow chickens are eating out of it but I think it’s in the way. I truly believe it is the problem. I would take it out and see how well it goes for your bachelor. Mine eat out of it when it was there but they were starting to look forward to treats a little more than normal lately. I’m gonna see how well it goes and if it gets better or worse. If it gets worse than I know I was wrong about it. But I will probably just leave it out anyway. I don’t see the point in it being there.

Yall got a dillema...I leave for a week early in morning. Neighbor is gonna check my babies each morning and evening.
Yall know I had moved Joey to a bachelor coop but I've been letting him back in with others off and on and monitoring him.
It seems like Bluey is as much a problem for the girls as Joey has been for the smaller babies.
Would yall leave Joey in with the others so he can deal with Bluey rather than let Bluey have full run and all my babies? He definitely got a burst of hormones while Joey was not in the run cuz he crowed for first time! Since Joey has been back in he hasn't been crowing.
You can see Bluey in lower lefthand corner pulling Lizzy's head feathers...he's doing this quite frequently to both Lizzy and Daisy (hatchmates).

Last edited:
I have seen reviews where they have it in the middle and grow chickens are eating out of it but I think it’s in the way. I truly believe it is the problem. I would take it out and see how well it goes for your bachelor. Mine eat out of it when it was there but they were starting to look forward to treats a little more than normal lately. I’m gonna see how well it goes and if it gets better or worse. If it gets worse than I know I was wrong about it. But I will probably just leave it out anyway. I don’t see the point in it being there.
I think the idea is that it keeps them from standing in trough and pooping in food cuz it twirls around...but even my chicks manage to poop in it still lol.

Back
Top Bottom