What did you do with your flock today?

Boy @FBMcrazy8 what a great share and I wish you the best luck and skill ♡♡♡ Good job on going the extra mile and I hope you write back how she made it but now you are too busy with games 😂😄🥰
Thank you!!! I can’t wait but so nervous for her! I know she can do it. Last year was different though because they were halfway through the year and just let her on the team. But a lot of the girls are pushing for her to join that she was with last year. It is so heart warming. And all of them were just great with her! I will for sure update on it!

I am going to head down soon but just had (yet) another story. So, sewd my small eggs bags late last eve. One I messed up in a few areas. Handles and upside down and a little too small. The small is ok but.... anywho, it was a faulty milling co bag and a prototype anyways.
20220818_072743.jpg

My cool mountain neighbor gave us some cucumbers so we gave him compost, then he gave us more cucs so I gave him eggs and then her gave me this!
20220815_190612.jpg

I'm thinking the bag that ain't quite right would make him an excellent garden tote.
And the Mochi San beds I made earlier in the day with scrap material from dog beds and AJs recycled bed topper.
20220817_133700~2.jpg

Forest approved.
20220817_151957.jpg

Have a great Thursday all!

PS @FBMcrazy8 -nice job on the coop and way to move forward! Please keep posting progress and happy ending ♡

I am going to head down soon but just had (yet) another story. So, sewd my small eggs bags late last eve. One I messed up in a few areas. Handles and upside down and a little too small. The small is ok but.... anywho, it was a faulty milling co bag and a prototype anyways. View attachment 3227324
My cool mountain neighbor gave us some cucumbers so we gave him compost, then he gave us more cucs so I gave him eggs and then her gave me this!View attachment 3227328
I'm thinking the bag that ain't quite right would make him an excellent garden tote.
And the Mochi San beds I made earlier in the day with scrap material from dog beds and AJs recycled bed topper.View attachment 3227341
Forest approved.View attachment 3227343
Have a great Thursday all!

PS @FBMcrazy8 -nice job on the coop and way to move forward! Please keep posting progress and happy ending ♡
Thank you! We are getting the auger out either tonight or this weekend to set the posts for the rest of the coop and the shrub bushes put in the ground. We are hoping to have new ducks soon!

As far as the chicks go, I am going to wait u til spring. I’m hoping that by then I will have at least 1 hen go broody on me. Cause then, I will order some chicks and sneak them under her at night. We will see though. Not holding my breath because I don’t even think they will lay eggs this year. They are only 12 weeks old and probably won’t even lay until the spring.

I love the ideas of the bags! It is such a cute idea! And a great way to reuse them!

Last night my husband and I took some time and worked on the duck house. We want to get it done soon. We are so close. It will be nice to have some ducks in there rather than a reminder every day that we no longer have any little ones to go in it. We have everything to finish it but just time.

Next week my oldest daughter has cheerleading try outs. Which I’m so excited for. Last year I asked the principal what I could do. Ok wait let me back up a little. First my daughter has Down Syndrome. Second she is in a co-op that is designed for students who can’t learn like others. They all have their school districts but within the county, all the students will go to a host school district. The students should still be able to participate in school activities that they are registered with. (If I have completely lost you, I’m sorry).

So back to my “story”. I asked the Jr high principal about what we could do for her to join cheerleading. I didn’t even really mean for her to be partway year but the principal made it happen. This girl rocked it! She did such a good job! So, I asked the high school principal about try outs for cheer in the spring before school let out. He told me to watch the calendar. So ALL summer I have been watching and watching and watching. Nothing. Not a thing. So, I messaged him again he said that they already had try outs the week before ( last week) and that they put it on Facebook and on the calendar. 1) not everyone has Facebook, including us. And 2) it wasn’t on the calendar. He was so heartless about it and I talked to her coach last year and her teacher from last year and both were upset. So it just really validated my feelings and I really wanted to know what I could do. I didn’t feel it was right. And I told him that. I told him they should have tried harder than that to make sure EVERY student has the opportunity to join. He of course came back with well she missed try outs, maybe next year. I had to show him that it was not on the calendar. So…after a lot of work they are allowing her to try out for football cheerleading. The basketball is full. But football only has 1 spot.

Honestly, I don’t expect them to just give her a spot. But I do expect them to give her a fair shot and chance to prove herself. Just the same as any other student. So my time is going to be consumed learning these cheers as she does and work with her on them at home. I am NOT a cheerleader and could never see myself doing it, but here I am 😂. Anything for my kids.

Long story I know! But I’m so proud of her! Anyway, we are trying to do everything we can before Tuesday, her first day of “practice” and then Thursday is a practice and after is the try outs.

Forgot to add photos. Pictures aren’t great because it was late…
What an awesome story and such great support for your kiddos! The things we do, huh? :D I have been a coach on my daughters soccer team three times now...and it's the ONE sport I know nothing about and never liked :D I hope your daughter enjoys every moment of the experience! Mine could never be that brave!

Thank you! We are getting the auger out either tonight or this weekend to set the posts for the rest of the coop and the shrub bushes put in the ground. We are hoping to have new ducks soon!

As far as the chicks go, I am going to wait u til spring. I’m hoping that by then I will have at least 1 hen go broody on me. Cause then, I will order some chicks and sneak them under her at night. We will see though. Not holding my breath because I don’t even think they will lay eggs this year. They are only 12 weeks old and probably won’t even lay until the spring.

I love the ideas of the bags! It is such a cute idea! And a great way to reuse them!
All of my pullets that were late in the summer laid throughout the winter! Granted it doesn't get horribly cold and wintery, but even with the more limited length of days they laid, so you never know! My pullet silkies went broody in like February haha, so they raised my baby Polish that I incubated.

@TropicalBabies I wish I had your sewing skills! I failed Home EC because of the sewing :D I HATE dealing with tiny things that easily knot and fray and require good eyesight haha. Those bags are such a good way to reuse the material. I have used mine as shade cloth in my ICU/teenage brooder and they work great!

It has been SOOO hot, so I have been bringing in those that seem most affected for a couple hours of AC with me while I work. Fluff is getting through his dry pox like a champ, so should be ready to rejoin his friends soon. Poor guy is lonely. I'm glad your rooster boys are in a good place and hope they stay safe! Also I wanted to say that since the person fell through buying Ruby he has had time to mellow and you were right, sweet little bantam buff brahma boy is much more well behaved than he used to be. No more biting, sometimes even comes over to sit near me now. Hoping he stays that way cuz he's so pretty!

What an awesome story and such great support for your kiddos! The things we do, huh? :D I have been a coach on my daughters soccer team three times now...and it's the ONE sport I know nothing about and never liked :D I hope your daughter enjoys every moment of the experience! Mine could never be that brave!
She always thinks that everyone’s is cheering only for her. Be in a parade or any event. 🤣 I love it though! Last year they gave her an award and she just beamed! I was in Dance squad in school…but cheer and dance aren’t all that much alike. One of my other daughters gets to do sports this year and she is torn on doing cheerleading or basketball or volleyball, all in the same season 🤦‍♀️. I only know basketball but she has an aunt that did volleyball ball. Cheer…well she learned a little last year from her older sister.

All of my pullets that were late in the summer laid throughout the winter! Granted it doesn't get horribly cold and wintery, but even with the more limited length of days they laid, so you never know! My pullet silkies went broody in like February haha, so they raised my baby Polish that I incubated.

@TropicalBabies I wish I had your sewing skills! I failed Home EC because of the sewing :D I HATE dealing with tiny things that easily knot and fray and require good eyesight haha. Those bags are such a good way to reuse the material. I have used mine as shade cloth in my ICU/teenage brooder and they work great!

It has been SOOO hot, so I have been bringing in those that seem most affected for a couple hours of AC with me while I work. Fluff is getting through his dry pox like a champ, so should be ready to rejoin his friends soon. Poor guy is lonely. I'm glad your rooster boys are in a good place and hope they stay safe! Also I wanted to say that since the person fell through buying Ruby he has had time to mellow and you were right, sweet little bantam buff brahma boy is much more well behaved than he used to be. No more biting, sometimes even comes over to sit near me now. Hoping he stays that way cuz he's so pretty!
I’m so glad your rooster is getting better!! And your Brahmas is behaving!

I’m hoping they will be ready to go broody in spring. At least one of them. I have read though that for the most part, a lot of mine won’t typically go broody. If not I can wait.

Went outside to give the chickens some cabbage. As I’m walking to their run, I hear a raccoon. Something was messing with it cause it was NOT happy. It’s still across the street but now I’m on high alert. The last one that tried to cross the road got hit by a car. I really just hope it stays across the street!

Last edited:
@kurby22 I agree. I am not a seamstress but feel as I age it is not as bad as I remember. I think it is easier to handle a chainsaw.... heck, a forklift or bobcat is easier... but yeah, suffering and learning so j can reuse these awesome bags ♡
Maybe someday when I’m retired and I’ve mellowed out and have more patience….MAYBE 😆

Back
Top Bottom