What did you do with your flock today?

No tryout will be this coming Thursday!! šŸ˜ (8-26) I will let everyone know how it goes! I will either be so excited or very sad. But if she had the chance with the other students I think I wouldnā€™t be as nervous.
Yeah that would have been much better...hopefully the others can cheer her on and help make that up since they're already on the team! Their tryouts are over and can put emphasis on cheering her on!

Welcome back @Gammas Bearded Babies! I hope you had a wonderful time ā™”. Chooks all ok?
I don't think you are weird for having chicken cams lol šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‰

I 2nd it, @kurby22 you should probably post a photo or? Of your handsome boys ā™”

@ChicksnMore ... I forgot to to mention how good/ strange it was to see your peas coexisting with such younger chicks w/o hurting each other? You must have some golden touch ā™”ā™”ā™”

šŸŒ“Happy Aloha Friday all! Still dark up here and I am just catching up as I wake up. Thought I heard a beginner crow coming from the trailer coop... šŸ˜• probably just too early in the morning right? I will stare at Cheepie and Blackie a little harder today though. Sure look 100% pullet to me but I have been fooled b4.
20220815_102720.jpg

Today we may have some more rain. I need to go get the mulch I never got around to while road is dry and b4 rains.

Then, I guess back to sewing...

Crap. I just heard the baby crow again ugh!!! Gotta be Blackie! :barnie like the car that won't start...šŸ˜‚ā™”

Yeah that would have been much better...hopefully the others can cheer her on and help make that up since they're already on the team! Their tryouts are over and can put emphasis on cheering her on!
I know at least a few will. I always worry about some of the snobbiness of some of the kids. Which is surprising to me as my older sister has cerebral palsy and my class never acted like some kids do these days. Which I know a lot of it is how the kids are raised but more often than not, itā€™s just not being used to seeing others with disabilities. There was a few I worried about last year but it just took them a while to understand her.

Yeah my mom made ours for the same reason! 6 kids is a lot of costumes every year! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’« mine would all be ghosts hehehehe
Ghost was my fav, just grab a sheet & go.
Doesn't matter if it's freezing & you need to bundle up underneath.
Masks are too uncomfortable & makeup always ends up smeared everywhere. The sheet with eye holes yelling "Ooooooooh" is so simple!

I scanned through quickly trying to get caught up from vacation.
@FBMcrazy8 were tryouts yesterday?! How'd it go?

@kurby22 have you posted pics of Ruby? Bantam Brahma? Or LF? So glad Floof is doing better!

@TropicalBabies so that's a wild roo fighting your roo? That's crazy. I know I've heard there are a lot of wild chickens in Hawaii so guess it happens.

I sure am looking forward to finishing my coffee and getting down to see all my babies! Missed em sooooo much! Ultra thankful for the cameras DH installed so I could watch em from time to time. So many people think I am insane...but to me they are my pets just like their cats and dogs are their pets! I did get a sneak peek at the bantam Cochins still in garage.. China girl is finally getting her feathers....ever so slowly! And Coco is gorgeous!!! I see Itty bitty wattles comin in...and comb is bigger than China's comb. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Here is a somewhat recent one of Ruby, but I can get better ones later @TropicalBabies :) Heā€™s a bantam and the only one that hatched from the 6 eggs I bought. Heā€™s very pretty and soft ā¤ļø

43311A79-8E8B-4EA5-A7D7-1E060F34380B.jpeg

Here is a somewhat recent one of Ruby, but I can get better ones later @TropicalBabies :) Heā€™s a bantam and the only one that hatched from the 6 eggs I bought. Heā€™s very pretty and soft ā¤ļø

View attachment 3228594
He is beautiful ā™” do you think you will try again for pullets? I know you have a lot on your plate so I have been afraid to ask :oops:
How many breeds do you think you can pull off? I have 2 im going for beside the barnyards and it is a circus... so hats off to you ā™”

These are definitely my kids'chickens!!! They were home today and noticed "punzy is missing" so then they went to find her. They found her under some tumble weed on a huge nest with 18 eggs. Including one white one which I'm guessing was the polish? These babies were hatched the end of March, I thought they would start laying more towards the end of August and into next month. So apparently I have way more laying than I knew!!!

Judging by eggs there were at least 3-5 using that nest, and then I have two that consistently lay in the boxes. What craziness!

He is beautiful ā™” do you think you will try again for pullets? I know you have a lot on your plate so I have been afraid to ask :oops:
How many breeds do you think you can pull off? I have 2 im going for beside the barnyards and it is a circus... so hats off to you ā™”
I donā€™t knowā€¦Iā€™ve been a bit pummeled lately and feel a bit jaded about more birdsā€¦but I am finding that all the birds in my flock that are super healthy and seem to have no issues at all are all locally bred. One breeder in particular has what Iā€™m calling bullet proof chickens in my flock. No fowl pox, no MG, no wormsā€¦they just hang out and lay eggs haha. So I am pondering that at the moment. Itā€™s frustrating because there are very few bantam Brahma breeders near me! I would LOVE to have more of them because they are beautiful and have great temperaments in a mixed flockā€¦but I donā€™t have room for LF Brahmas and thatā€™s all I find!

My large fowl project birds will probably be Ameraucanas and Orpingtons. They are my favorites by far and come from the bullet proof stock. I ended up with three Marans too, so maybe some pretty olive eggers too :)

I took a few glamour shots when I visited the bantams this morning. No, Nohope (Lav cuckoo Orpington) and Roxy BLR Wyandotte) are not bantams haha, but theyā€™re very gentle and do much better with them!

Attachments

• 774B7EDE-6AF3-4AE8-B189-C6D5544D2779.jpeg
    774B7EDE-6AF3-4AE8-B189-C6D5544D2779.jpeg
    622.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 7DFA1B58-DA95-4F29-B800-B08B78D3AB4F.jpeg
    7DFA1B58-DA95-4F29-B800-B08B78D3AB4F.jpeg
    468.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 97616B99-CC4A-4B1B-B80A-7E78194CBAE0.jpeg
    97616B99-CC4A-4B1B-B80A-7E78194CBAE0.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 6C3301AA-F49F-4F2B-B50F-DC633474F0E8.jpeg
    6C3301AA-F49F-4F2B-B50F-DC633474F0E8.jpeg